Sold My Supra :(

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
After owning my car for EXACTLY two years...............I sold my 1991 Supra Turbo :( It was my third MKIII, but my first turbocharged car. I absolutely loved it and still do. It was one of the only Tampa cars that didn't break down every week, lol. It was a strong daily driver and never gave me problems. Why did I sell? I found a new MKIII that I plan on purchasing and "keeping" haha. I can't believe that my car's gone as I'm sure most of you can relate to after selling your car. As of this moment, I'm not a Supra owner. That's a scary thought! I had to fight back my emotions watching him take off with the car. I feel friggin horrible. I hope on being in the new car by tomorrow or Friday. When I get it, I'll post up a new thread with details and plenty o pics. I should feel better then :)

Without a Supra,
Eli

Cliff notes= I sold my car. I'm Depressed. Can't wait to start the new car

drbowser3

The Doc is in...
Jan 17, 2006
Tampa,FL
The "highlander" was a great car. I put many miles on her for you. Your car was the reason I am in the Supra game. She took me to Texas last year. Out of all the cars here in Tampa, you had the least amount of problems. I saw some many changes in the look and performance of that car, I also helped with many of these changes.
Sad to see your Supra go, but with the platform you are getting I feel it is for the best. I am sure I will be there for the many "mods" to come on the new Supra. Here are some pics of your Supra with my 1st Supra, the 87....
p587958_1.jpg

p587958_2.jpg

And with "Raven", my 89...
p587958_3.jpg

p587958_4.jpg

The "Highlander" will be missed. :sadwavey:

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
The car I'm PLANNING on purchasing is a 1989 Turbo Targa Auto. It's white with blue cloth interior and has 69K original miles and I will be the third owner :) The body and interior are in amazing shape and I think it's a great find. I ran a carfax on it and everything looks perfect. I'll be bringing the car to a friends shop later today hopefully and taking a look at the mechanical side of the car. It ran great and pulled pretty strong from the test ride I took with him last week, but I'm yet to get my hands on it.

Yes a member bought my car ;) His name is xxxotiknightz on here. This is his third MKIII. GREAT guy!

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Yep I felt the exact same way about 3 months ago. I've been without a supra for that long!! The sadness of the new owner driving off into the sunset with your baby, knowing you may never see her again...
On the that note, I'll be picking up another mk3 within a couple weeks and I'm sooo excited!!

But yea I know exactly what your feeling.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
RTA Supra said:
The car I'm PLANNING on purchasing is a 1989 Turbo Targa Auto. It's white with blue cloth interior and has 69K original miles and I will be the third owner :) The body and interior are in amazing shape and I think it's a great find. I ran a carfax on it and everything looks perfect. I'll be bringing the car to a friends shop later today hopefully and taking a look at the mechanical side of the car. It ran great and pulled pretty strong from the test ride I took with him last week, but I'm yet to get my hands on it.

Yes a member bought my car ;) His name is xxxotiknightz on here. This is his third MKIII. GREAT guy!

It pulled strong, does it already have some mods done to it?

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
good stuff man....

yea i was a little sad when alex ran off with my old blue car but that went away with the new car being worked on. now im depressed cause the car isn't what i thought it'd be. i am kinda happy tho cause the 1J kinda sux just like i thought it would for sooo long, but you live and learn

goodluck with the new project

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
starscream5000 said:
It pulled strong, does it already have some mods done to it?

No, it's actually 100% stock :) I meant that it felt great for an 18yr old car that's been sitting. I plan on leaving it Semi to all stock

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
RTA Supra said:
No, it's actually 100% stock :) I meant that it felt great for an 18yr old car that's been sitting. I plan on leaving it Semi to all stock
all stock.. nothing liek the nice quite drive of a 100% stock car.. its so nice.. I miss it.. lol

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
Well, the PLAN was for the car to be all original like she came off the lot. I'm thinking of just putting my cat back on her, doing the head gasket and arp's, and calling it a day. I'm currently in the process of sourcing parts and a block for my big build, so I won't be spending big dollars on aftermarket stuff for this one.

God, this guy needs to call me back so I can go get her!!!

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
Most definitely. Don't see myself in any other car really. My friend who helped me deliver the car last night has a 50K mile 94 MKIV TT. The ride on those cars BLOW compared to the MKIII in my opinion. That's the one thing other than the 80K dollar price tag that keeps me from getting a MKIV

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ dont get into a mkII then, if you cant afford the $1500 price tag. :icon_bigg My mkII will out-everything all the mkIII's I had.

Admit it though. You're glad you got rid of it. Every supra I've ever sold was easy as hell to sell. make $1000 here... $800 there... How can it be anything but good? Plus, you never get bored w/ a car because you dont have it long enough.