mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
So I have a leak... Right, go figure.
Everything was going fine until now.
Brand new engine. 7mgte with a 57trim ct26
0 miles.
So the leak, its a coolant leak. Just poured Toyota red coolant, then I heard it leaking.
Coming from turbo location.can someone help me out where to look at for the leak. It's pretty massive.lol
I can't go look right now as it would be dripping on my face.lol I'm going to have to look tommorrow.
I did stick my hand under the turbo, and it was wet under there.

Last edited:

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
Coolant leak from turbo, hmmm what could it be..... if I was a betting man I'd say turbo coolant lines

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Well I found it. It's coming from the coolant pipe that goes to the turbo. Right...
It came from the nut not being on tit enough. But I tightened it, and it was goin no more. That's when I took the nut off, and found it to be stripped inside the nut!

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
So as far as gasket for that pipe, would it be ok if I just put rtv on it? Or just get a gasket

Also, just fitted the new nuts on the turbo post, and they are loose. The hardware guy told me the original ones I gave him were a number6. Is that correct? Because they are looses on the post.

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
I would just get everything from the Toyota dealer, small stuff like this is actually not priced to bad