Snow sucks! Can you find the Supra?

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
The weather has been good fun here in Colorado. Thought the pictures would make at
least someone laugh. Enjoy.
p461062_1.jpg

p461062_2.jpg

Last edited:

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
damn, send some of that my way. its a pain in the ass trying to get a snowboard trip together when its 60 degrees out.

cypher02xd

This newb owns you
Oct 28, 2006
Maryland
so hows the supra in the snow? i ask because i have a N/A and i'm getting a turbo this weekend. obviously the n/a will be the one seeing snow if i get any around here!

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
Honestly you need a good set of tires and the skinnier the better. A full tank of gas and some sand bags help. Pray that you dont have to stop really fast or go up a big hill because it can get sketchy very fast.

On the plus side drifting is good fun. And as long as you don't expect it to do any crazy 4X4 action its good.

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^LOL, So was I. I'm pretty sure that it's a whaletail. If that's drifted snow, then my car runs a 16 second quarter mile. :p :D

Seriously though. THAT CAR NEEDS TO BE IN A GARAGE!!!! :cry:
That is soooo sad seeing the Supra all covered up just freezing her man-balls off.........lol

As for tips on driving in the winter....

Last winter, I had over 300lbs in sandbags in the back of my car, battery converted to the rear, BRAND new tires and it wasn't worth a lick. Had to have people push me out of parking spots, couldn't take a turn if my life depended on it...if I stopped anywhere, I wasn't moving until I was pushed...

Umm....yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Also, I've got almost a 100rwhp more than I did last winter, so...there is no chance in HELL that my Supra will survive this winter..............which is why a bought a Jeep about a month ago. :D:D:D:D

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Here is "supra" snow survival tips.

First you need some snow tires. (Mount them on either an old set of sawblades, or get some RAV4 wheels, they fit the Supra just fine.)

When you buy tires, get them in 205 55 16 size. This narrow tire will cut down better and give you more traction on loose snow and ice.
I reccomend studs if you can run them in your state, or at the minimum a good ice rubber compound will help out.

Brake early, and go easy on the gas, and you should be fine.

Take a moment when you get your tires mounted up and find a nice empty parking lot. Drive around and see where the limits are in your car with those tires. (You will want a full set of 4 snow tires.)

I sold my 4 studded snow tires on RAV4 rims to another Supra owner here in Boise since my larger brakes make it impossible to fit 16" rims on the car anymore.

If I needed to drive the car in the snow, I'd be stuck buying a set of rims that would clear my brakes, and then buy some narrow studded snow tires so the car would get around.

last, buy two 75lb tubes of sand. (Long bags of sand work best, you can set them up so they don't move, and you can still carry other stuff in your car.) I put them in two semi-circles in the rear hatch area and it worked out great. A full tank of gas also helps to have more weight over the rear wheels.

Have fun, and remember to brake early. (Especially if you do not have ABS.)

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Adjuster said:
First you need some snow tires.
:word8kn:

That's the key right there. SNOW tires. Not all-seasons, SNOW tires. SNOW!

I drive my supra year round, in the winter I have a set of Michellin X-ICE 205/55s for it. I have NEVER got the supra stuck in the snow, EVER. I've been driving in snow so deep, the bumper is shovelling it into the air, and it was fine.

The closest I got to getting stuck, there was a big posished patch of ice on an uphill slope I was stopped in traffic on. There was one spot where I couldn't get going from a stop. But, rolling back 10 feet, and starting on the slightly rougher ice, I was fine :)

Goes a little sideways when I take off, but just a little :)

No Boost, brake extra early, keep the revs down, it rides fine.

Damn winter tires cost more then my summer tires :(