snap on MT 2500

Arhoades11

Apr 22, 2009
Lynn, Indiana, United States
im puchasing it for 400 buck with everything tommorrow im so excited ive already tested it out on a 96 chevy 3500 and it works great.
when i say everything i mean everything i can do not only domistics but imports to troubleshooting will never be a guessing game again lol
does anyone else have one of these

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
nice for the money. usually generic scanners cannot do everything factory scanner can do tho. for the most part they are usually good but i have used the factory Toyota old skool and the new tough books for toytas and they are awesome but the genisys scanner does not even compare to the factory ones.

if you are using this for your mk3 supra its a waste but for other cars and general diag its a good buy to save your self in the work field.

not downing you in any way. i wish i had that in my box.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Poodles;1514761 said:
Our cars are pre-OBD

false.

Our cars are OBD-1

What you probably meant is that our cars are pre-OBD2.

With OBD2 you can plug your scanner into the DLC port under the dash to access trouble codes and the OBD computer, whereas on our cars (OBD1), for trouble codes you need to bridge two terminals in the OBD box under the hood near the fuse block, turn the key to the "ON" position, and count the blinks to attain the trouble codes

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
http://www.epa.gov/obd/

On-Board Diagnostics, or "OBD," is a computer-based system built into all 1996 and later light-duty vehicles and trucks, as required by the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990. OBD systems are designed to monitor the performance of some of an engine's major components including those responsible for controlling emissions.

our cars are pre OBD.