Smoke inside the car

09JPM

May 5, 2012
Somerset, Kentucky
I own a 90 supra. Turbo'd with a 5 speed r154. The motor was just rebuilt buy the previous owner. After putting 2,000 miles on it, I put some royal purple 10w30 in it. The other day I was driving home, I got sideways in first gear pulling onto the highway. I noticed some white smoke on the inside of the car, I didn't think much of it because I figured it was from the tires. I got it up to about 60 and put the cruise control on. The cruise control would quit working and I had to reset it about 2 times. I looked down by my shifter and noticed there was smoke coming from where my cd player should be(I don't have one by the way). I turned off the cruise control an it still kept doing it. I shifted down to 4th and it looked as if it didn't do it. So I tried going from 4th to 5th over and over and it seems as though it only smokes in 5th. When I got home I popped the hood and noticed the hot side of my turbo is white. The turbo runs good, I just figured maybe I made it get a little too hot getting it sideways. Anyone have any important input? I don't wanna blow a new motor. Thank you.