Smoke help

JNasty

i drive fast cars (supra)
Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
car smokes at idle and under boost but not in normal driveing i think turbo is shot also under boost spits and sputters like boost leak or fuel cut do you think it could be the turbo or the safc tuning

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
What color is the smoke? Check for boost leaks yet? Check for codes yet? If you're on the 7m platform I'll bet you'll pull a code 34 if you do have a boost leak.

Get back with those two questions and we'll go from there....

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
smoke is whiteish blue but the car dont run hot and i was thinking of looking for boost leaks but im leaving for miami tonight so ill have to wat untill i come back i do know that the top intercooler pipe is to big its 3.5 inch and the bottom is only 2.5 inch

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
well my other car has bad valve guide seals and it only smokes for a few minuts after it is started. i dont thing=k its the seals the motor only has 6k miles or so on it

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
well i blew off a intercooler pipe so that mean i had a somewhat of a boost leak but it still amokes so im changing out the turbo to see if that helps ( messed with the safc a little got rid of the gas smell

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
Mine has calm down signifigantly. but still there. valve stems seals have to be done, and head has to be torqued down. then the fun begins.

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
well swaped the turbo and that stopped the white smoke so it was the seals, but now if i get on it, it blows black smoke but only if i get on it... it also keeps wanting to blow off the ic pipes. i tried turning down the boost controller but the boost went from 10 psi to 15 psi and its only a stock turbo is the boost controller bad or something?

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
i have a safc II on the car, but i dont really know much about it i have 550's afm and fuel pressure regulator, but i am still hitting fuel cut i think.