smog laws in Arizona?

Mario

Jan 26, 2009
st. paul
Hi i'm from MN and i am moving soon to phoenix Arizona. Just need some help on how strict the laws are down there. I look up google but, i didn't really give me what i wanted to know. So what i want to know is can i take me supra down there with me? let me know if i'm not giving enough info.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Yes you can take your car there is no laws about swaped motors or anything like that. You will just need to pass emissions every two years if your living in the phx area.

Mario

Jan 26, 2009
st. paul
thanks because we don't have smog here so i don't know anything about smog, yall think i will still pass with all my mild mods? By mild mods i mean EGR delete, intercooler/pipes, 3in turbo back, intake, T61 turbo, NO cat, stage 3 clutch/flywheel. I will be going to school at UTI, so could I get away with my mn plates while im down for two years.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
If I remember correctly, students are not required to have AZ plates, and if you don't have AZ plates, you don't need to go through their emissions testing either. There's so many students in the valley that I don't think they even hassle people about having out of state plates either. Well, between students and snow birds anyway... I lived there for years with Wyoming plates and never once got asked about it.

That said, sign up on azsupracentral.com, it's the local forum down there, some good people with Supras down there. :)