***SM member 1/4 mi. times list***

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
suprahero;2081497 said:
That diesel was getting it. I kept waiting on you to pass him..........lol

yeah it was fast had 980whp. he had also been racing all day at their event and i showed up at the end to watch some then race at teh street legals. we both wanted a 10 shoulda bet him on fastest time not who crossed the finish line first lol. i was right on his ass at the end!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
All I want is to run an 11.xx in Vegas this year at SIV. Think I can do it with ~500whp (a guess, at best, at what the tune may turn out), 4.11 OS Giken diff, and a 2nd gear launch? I would normally use 1st, but pretty sure my Spec twin disc fried my synchro for 2nd.

Either way, I'll be giving it my best attempt! Managed to get an FR-S consistently (within .1 second and 1mph each pass) improving last year at the 15.2 to 15.3 level... so I think the driver mod is dialed in decently?

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
te72;2081499 said:
All I want is to run an 11.xx in Vegas this year at SIV. Think I can do it with ~500whp (a guess, at best, at what the tune may turn out), 4.11 OS Giken diff, and a 2nd gear launch? I would normally use 1st, but pretty sure my Spec twin disc fried my synchro for 2nd.

Either way, I'll be giving it my best attempt! Managed to get an FR-S consistently (within .1 second and 1mph each pass) improving last year at the 15.2 to 15.3 level... so I think the driver mod is dialed in decently?

get a pair of the 26x11.5x15 hooiser qtp's and you could fairly easily. radials suck on a stick car. i got a couple good sixty foots with them but they are very inconsistent. and will wheel hop horribly sometimes. bias ply tires absorb all that and are more consistent. a good 60ft is key to making a fast pass. i would recommend not launch in 2nd too. all that holds the thrust force from 2nd is the snapring holding the 1-2 hub. i actually bent that snap ring last year from a habit of missing 2nd loosing momentum then slamming it in gear dumping the clutch when i should have just bailed on the pass when that happened. 1st gear has way more keeping it in place. unless you're on the stock thrust washer it should take a pretty good beating launching....

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I could believe the spec twin messing up the synchros, they're quite heavy even if you have the lighter pucks. I also spun to 7600, so that was also a thing. The problem I had was my 1-2 shift was 1.5-2.5 seconds throughout the weekend, according the the ECU logs. Felt bad like you wouldn't believe, just waiting for the trans. Try to force it and it just grinds. Even though this was 2013, the clutch was the same and the shift times were similar. Kinda done with the R154 as such. I'm hoping the V160 will be able to do better, although the Exedy twin plate might not deal as well as the Spec twin did. Feels a lot better to drive the Exedy though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnuRJDPq584

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Fairly certain that my entire transmission is stock, so thanks for the advice against 2nd gear launches. I can double clutch and it seems to cooperate, but I'm not much a fan of the clutch I have. I have the same issue as Steve, 1-2 shifts are not easy by any means.

Tire wise, I won't be able to run 15's, as I'm using ARZ brakes all around, smallest wheel that I know fits is a 17. Have yet to really launch it, would like to practice, but if something does break, that would prevent us from going to Vegas for SIV, so... LVMS will likely be my testing ground this year. Quite curious to see what this car can do. Given the transmission / clutch issue I'm having, I'd settle for a 12.xx but I really wanna see 11.xx for once.