SM Helps with my depression....

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Long story short, after I visit SM I feel better, I have read threads that teach me something and I have read threads that make me laugh. SupraMania.com should be on a list of "ways to help with depression".

Thanks for the help everyone... :)

OK Now the longer story for anyone that wants to read it...

For the last few months I have figured out by going to doctors that I may have "Depression" I was feeling bad and did not know why, I went to the doctor to see what was wrong like most people do. I had and still have physical symptoms so I figured I was "sick" after some tests the doctor tells me that I am not "sick" all my tests are normal. So he asks me some more questions and he believes that for the past few months I have been depressed. This is when I say "But I don’t feel depressed". He explains to me that I can be depressed and not know it. The worst part is the overwhelming feeling that I don’t want to do anything. Even the fun things I enjoy doing I have stopped. I get home from work and all I want to do is go to sleep. I eat 1 time a day and I have to force myself to do that. Tomorrow I go back to the doctor and we are going to discuss the next step to help with this. I have noticed that after spending some time here I feel a little better. Like I said in the short version... Thanks for the help.

Dr Tweak

JMDigital,

I suffer from something very similar to what you're describing. The only thing that gets be out of bed most days is that I have employees coming to work that I need to set an example for... HAHAHA

A fun community to hang out with is definitely a great help.

W00t for SM :D

-Doc

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
I suffer from depression... it comes in waves. One day you are super happy, the next you just wanna be left alone and you feel like the scum of the earth. Sometimes it even switches from one hour to the next.
Its hard to describe... you wanna go out, you wanna do something, you wanna be a good wife (husband), daughter (son), friend etc. but there is something inside your brain that just makes you feel horrible, physically and mentally. You don't wanna see anyone or talk to anyone even tho deep inside it is the complete opposite, people try to cheer you up but your head just calls it BS.

I've never seen a doctor about it, I know what it is and I don't believe I do need therapy or medication. Shrug.
I know this is gonna sound super gay but marijuana helps me alot. It takes my mind off of myself and I start doing things and I eat properly and it helps me get thru the down phase faster.
So I guess I am taking medication :icon_razz, self- prescribed tho.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Yep, you CAN be depressed without feeling depressed.

It's OKAY to take anti-depressants. Really. I was on Effexor for a while when my mom was in her coma, but I actually hated how it made me feel.

So between my previous depression issues, and my mom and brother being diagnosed with mental issues, I try to be pretty aware of how I feel.

When I start getting cranky/moody/depressed, I make sure to drink more water, take a multi vitamin, and get some more exercise. Honestly, for me, intake of UV light helps, too. YAY tanning beds and sunbathing naked on my back deck!

But if you can't control it on your own means, that's where anti-depressants come in.

Alcohol is NOT a good way to self-medicate, as alcohol is a depressant and just makes it worse.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Best advice I've seen in a while ^^

Sealing yourself in a dark room away from the sun is a good way to make yourself worse, get outside and in the sun and it will help some.

I have a love/hate with SM as it helps in some ways but reminds me of the reasons that I'm in this state to begin with...