SL55 Up In Flames (NWS For Language)

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
Stopped by the shop today after lunch and a friend of mine noticed a substantial amount of smoke coming from next store. Turns out the smoke was coming from a newer Mercedes SL55 Kompressor :tear: We were about 60 yards from where the fire but I was able to get some video. After the fire was out I was able to snap a few pics a little closer, but didn't want to aggravate the owner. He was at the scene just sitting back and laughing about it. Not much else you can do when your 70k+ car is aflame.

Anywho, on to the pics and video............

p484711_3.jpg

p484711_4.jpg

p484711_5.jpg

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
RTA Supra said:
He was at the scene just sitting back and laughing about it. Not much else you can do when your 70k+ car is aflame.

Anyone who can afford a 70k+ car probably is smart enough to have full coverage. This makes it a lot easier to laugh. :)

Sure looks like it's 100% in the interior, not under the hood.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Supracentral said:
Anyone who can afford a 70k+ car probably is smart enough to have full coverage. This makes it a lot easier to laugh. :)

Sure looks like it's 100% in the interior, not under the hood.
Yeah, I'm thinking aside from just having full coverage he is laughing at the stupidity of something he did. The trunk and engine area look untouched, so I'm assuming it started in the passenger area. He'll prolly just did something retarded and knows it, so he can't really be pissed at anything else.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
A kid I know bought an 03 F250 for 9 grand because the interior was toast from the previous owner dropping his cigarette while driving... Possibly the cause of this one.