skydiving thread?

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
whos done it?
how many times? of more than once, why?

what was it like?

im wanting to have my first jump next month, something new... i imagine it feels like standing up out of the targa roof on the highway in 5th gear.

I'd love to hear any feedback yall may have from skydiving. also, what are some good qualities to look for in an instructor/ diving company?

thanks

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Done it. Multiple times. Its sooo much fun. 1st jump is always the worst. Not worst, more like most fearful? one. Just a lot on anxiety. Its SOOOOOO much fun though man. DOOO ITTTTTT

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
ive done it also would definitely do it again lots of fun, and if ure afraid of heights youll be way to high up to notice

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
not afraid of heights per-say. but its never the height or fall that gets ya, its the sudden stop.

another thing im running into is a ẁeight limitation since my first jump has to be tandem for some homo reason. (hoping to get paired up with a chick). I´ve seen 2 places local that charge extra $1 per lb if your 230+lb and wile im not being a cheap ass about an outing where im risking my very life, i cant help but wonder why it would cost more?
Im 6ft, 270lb, loose 38in waist for the record. wondering if it has to do with landing

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
winsauce;1702033 said:
not afraid of heights per-say. but its never the height or fall that gets ya, its the sudden stop.

another thing im running into is a ẁeight limitation since my first jump has to be tandem for some homo reason. (hoping to get paired up with a chick). I´ve seen 2 places local that charge extra $1 per lb if your 230+lb and wile im not being a cheap ass about an outing where im risking my very life, i cant help but wonder why it would cost more?
Im 6ft, 270lb, loose 38in waist for the record. wondering if it has to do with landing

First time is so you don't freak out and not pull the cord...basically its for your own safety.

Also the larger you are the bigger the shoot they will have to supply.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm surprised they don't just have remote chute opening mechanisms, timed, etc... simply so that they wouldn't have to risk an instructor's life for your sake.

On the subject, I always thought it would be fun, but none of my friends have expressed interest since we were too young to be legal to do it.