Single turbo question 2JZ (Searched)

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I have been searching for about a week now for a decently priced turbo to put on my 2JZ. Most of the Turbos I have come across are in the 1.3k+ range for a 61 trim or higher BB T4 turbo.

My questions:
Is that the correct price range for such a turbo?
If so, is it possible to take a journal bearing turbo and convert it to BB?
Where is a link to Master Power's turbos? Can't find him on eBay..
Are his turbos relatively good quality?
Any reccomendations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Shawn

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
You can order mp turbo from partsexpressonline.com. I'm getting a T61 from them. Good feedback from ppl that are using these turbos and good price too.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
my GT72 was 1350 brand new (its journal bearing)

dont think it would be worth the time or money to convert a non-bb to bb, they use completely different center housings

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
That T70 is a good lookin' turbo, but I question its boostability.. I might have to get me one, and uh.. report. $590.00 for a T-70 P-trim T4, I figure I might as well try it.

Ninja edit: ty Bigzavs

But wouldn't it be cheaper still than buying a whole new turbo to convert a journal bearing to ball bearing? I mean you would essentially be rebuilding your turbo correct?

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
1988SupraDreams;981335 said:
That T70 is a good lookin' turbo, but I question its boostability.. I might have to get me one, and uh.. report. $590.00 for a T-70 P-trim T4, I figure I might as well try it.

Ninja edit: ty Bigzavs

But wouldn't it be cheaper still than buying a whole new turbo to convert a journal bearing to ball bearing? I mean you would essentially be rebuilding your turbo correct?

No, IIRC it involves machining and basically re-engineering the inside of the housing for the different center section..