Single turbo 1jz vs. GTR

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
nice sound on that supra man ill have to post some vids of mine sounds like that just a little more laggy

Gadfly

Jul 11, 2009
Dallas
NokaoiMK3;1360631 said:
That first video is some serious 1jz inspiration.. So bad ass!! Im just gunna tell myself that you were breaking traction instead of the clutch slippin haha:biglaugh: I just wonder how much better it would of pulled on that GTR if the clutch had grabbed better..

He didn't pull me...

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
86_sports_1jz;1384290 said:
good race, i see that hwy king supra in alot of vids and pictures. he must be popular!

LOL, he gets around.

Hey Jon, let's see what my nitrous kit does with the pills removed :)

I've got a spare 2j block we can drop in if something melts.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Zach;1384312 said:
LOL, he gets around.

Hey Jon, let's see what my nitrous kit does with the pills removed :)

I've got a spare 2j block we can drop in if something melts.

So do I ;)

edit: referring to the block... not getting around. lmao!

Last edited:

rwd

May 15, 2008
quebec
i want to learn more about your setup;

-is it garrett gt3582r
-what a/r are you using
-do you have the dyno sheet ,or number at the wheel tq/hp@rpm(is it 537hp and 520tq??)
-is it responsive

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Not sure what garrett its actually based off of. It is specifically the VRP61s that I got from a vendor here on SM. Its a .7 ar. It is pretty responsive, you don't have to wait forever for boost to come on. I made 385whp and 365?tq not sure on that tq number but it was +-5 from that, at only 15psi on a very restrictive invidia exhaust. I'd estimate I'm making closer to 415whp right now with the new exhaust on 18psi via butt dyno and how even I am with the GTR.

The 537hp is on my other car.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
i actually just saw one of those gtr's a couple of days ago leaving safeway, i raced off to catch it in my camaro just to look not race. saw it sitting in the turn lane and looked good at it while sitting at the light and noticed a old man in his 50-60's driving it then asked myself, what does he need that much power for. he better be passing me in that car and not go under the speed limit