Single din nav unit?

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Well I was looking at double din nav/DVD heAd units and was looking at a few of the single din fold out units with the same features... I noticed that the way the supra dash bezel is that the radio sits quite sunken in... I was wondering if anyone has attempted to use one and how it turned out... Lemme know please! And pictures are always a plus:biglaugh:

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
Single Din with motorized screen will be a challenge. I know that the Alpine IVA-D106 will not work, I have tried that. I did use an Eclipse Single Din DVD and it worked, it has more adjustment to the screen than the Alpine unit. I am not sure about the other brands, but you will either need to modify the bracket to make the unit stick out more. I'm sure it won't look flushed or nice, unless you have fabrication skills.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
hmm i see. I was only wondering because my plan was to use the lower half of the 2 din slot to mount the zietroniz wideband lcd screen im planning on purchasing and still be able to have a 7" touchscreen nav unit. That and it is more inconspicuous when looking through tinted windows or from a distance. Im trying to go for the most low profile and low clutter look possible.