Since I'll be swapping 2J A/C compressor (R12 to 134 question during swap)

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
I never converted my A/C system to 134a on my car. My A/C hasn't worked for a while due to a leak somewhere, but since I'll be swapping in a 2J this summer/fall, I figured, I'll have to convert the rest of the system to 134a anyways, since I'll be running the 2J compressor. What's the best way to clean/flush the rest of the system? should I proceed to do it now with my current 7M compressor, as if I was converting it now?

I guess what I'm really trying to find out is if flushing the rest of the A/C system (dryer, condensator etc) is as critical since I'll be running a 2J compresor which is already 134a standard (I'm assumiing). I always thought that the main reason of flushing/cleaning the system when converting is to protect/save the compressor, but i'm probably way off on that.

Thanks guys.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Thanks for the reply, that's not quite what I was really looking for as I've seen that thread and understand the steps. I was wondering if all those steps are still necessary if one of the main components (the compressor) that's being swap is already a r134 ready component. Or does one still have to go through that whole process in depth. I guess I should still do it the right way.

Thanks Steve.