Silv10

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Spring is finally here and and people are already starting to look to the fall. Many people have been PMing and emailing asking what is going on with SILV.

If you have a Facebook acct please take a minute to become a fan of SILV - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Supras-Invade-Las-Vegas/181515160287

After coming off the BIGGEST Supras Invade Las Vegas event of all time (200+ Supras at the Show-and-Shine, not one - but two Supras MAXING out the rollers on the dyno @ 1500+ whp, an INCREDIBLE scenic drive with a STEAK LUNCH, and some of the most exciting drag racing we've seen in Vegas in a LONG time), we were forced to take a break in 2009 due to the economy.

Now in 2010 things are starting to look better but can SILV return?

After producing this event for 12 years we know what needs to be done. We've documented things pretty well. Back in 2008 we really didn't even get started working on the event until April and we pulled off the biggest SILV event ever.

The biggest problem is the $$$$$. Year after year we put together a budget plan only to have to slash items off the list when some of the money failed to come in. We always took care of the necessary items first however, making sure that the big items that the sponsors paid for was covered. Of course the Sponsor money never paid for everything and the T-shirt sales was necessary to cover the gap.

In 2008 I was making up ways to spend the money - shade canopies and a caterer at the Show-and-Shine, cash payouts, new trophies, black t-shirts, etc. Part of that was thanks to Steve Michale (90T from AZ) who stepped up to be our sponsor coordinator and helped us raise 50% more from sponsors than we ever had before.

The addition of the Mileage Reimbursement Fund really helped us draw in some of the bigger Supras from across the country. Moving forward I would like to see this fund grow even larger. We lost one participant because there wasn't enough cash in the fund to guarantee him a certain amount to cover his expenses. I would love to see this fund grow to somewhere between $5k - $10k (hopefully closer to the $10k mark as that would really help us draw in those from up and down the east coast).

So what do I need to make SILV10 happen? I've put together a budget plan that is a bit higher than the base budget for 2008 - we gotta grow right? I will need a minimum of $15,000 from sponsors (that's just $3000 more than 2008 and that money will help us grow the MRF mentioned above).

I've reached out to the sponsors from SILV08 and have only heard back from 3 or 4 of them verbally committing to a total of $2000 - a long way from our goal.

I know many of you had a void in your 2009 fall with the lack of the Supras Invade Las Vegas event. Imagine how I felt being one of only two people that had been to every event from the beginning (12 years). My fall just wasn't the same - the entire rest of my year was off as well.

There are parts of the SILV events that I don't enjoy... but overall... I LOVED producing an event that has touched so many lives around the world. The highs I felt during and immediately after the events were VERY addicting and I am still feeling the effects of the withdrawls from last year.

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas

SupraTrey

Boost-A-Holic
Dec 16, 2007
Seattle WA
Keith, I would like to be the first to say thank you for everything you have done throughout the years. I was only able to attend one year, but it was amazing and something I will never forget. I hope there is another one, and please, let me know if there is anything I can do. Cold calls, or just pushing around.... I would be more than happy.

Trey

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Thanks again for the continued support. Back in 1997 I had no idea if SILV would even get off the ground - let alone run for 12 successful events.

We will take donations but it will be called a "Registration Fee" and you will get a T-shirt in return - like we did for 2008. We shipped out the shirts to anyone that was not able to pick theirs up at the event.

Keith
SILV

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
KeithH;1537107 said:
Thanks again for the continued support. Back in 1997 I had no idea if SILV would even get off the ground - let alone run for 12 successful events.

We will take donations but it will be called a "Registration Fee" and you will get a T-shirt in return - like we did for 2008. We shipped out the shirts to anyone that was not able to pick theirs up at the event.

Keith
SILV

It's TIME for you to post the OFFICIAL SILV10 EVENT thread!

Noel

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
SupaMan;1548615 said:
Set up a paypal ill throw in $5.

Its not much but every little bit helps?

PayPal to: SILV@Supras.org

I'm pledging two more zero with that amount. I want to see SILV in the calendar for as many years to come. 2012 we're all dead!...lol

Noel