silly honda's

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
Silly Honda:eek:wned:
so this past sunday i was riding around a gotta a call from one of my buddies from school and he asked if i wanted to come up to his friends, and what used to be mine till he turned into a moocher, god i hate moochers. but anyways i got there and the guy was working on the d16 hatch that he had built and sold to one of his friends, his friend then put a t-61 turbo on it so he had it back at this guys house tuning it. i rolled in and first thing they say b4 i can even cut the car off is "wanna run." at first i was like no cars not acting right, its stuck on 13psi cause of a fubar'd internal wg, well after listening to how "GOOD" it was running on 22psi i said sure lets go.

now let me just say i had been at the local drag strip friday night still had my et streets on which are on those heavy stock buzzsaws, my two daily rims in the car plus the full size spare, a jack and a whole toolbox of tools. we went from a 20 roll first gear and this things turbo is so damn loud i had to roll the windows up well he brake boosted and so did i. well mine spooled up quick and my da bounced it off the rev limiter but still already a car ahead hit second then third and at this point he was in my rearview. he pulled back alongside and like a typical honda driver was making excuses. so we go again same race only this time i hit all the gears spun the 10in et streets going into second kicking it sideways and let off at the end of second cause i was 5 cars ahead already. needless to say the moocher/builder of the car was pissed but o'well. and thats my kill story:burnout:

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Neat..Good job beating a 1.6 liter, single overhead cam, non-vtec with a shoddy turbo kit thrown on that isn't really tuned at all... To be expected.

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
well i thought it was funny considering the damn thing has a chipable ecu so its pretty well tuned. wasnt trying to make it sound like i did something spectacular, i just thought it was funny.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Honestly I've seen rediculously quick D16's...laying down times in the low 12's. But then again, they need a ton of money poured in to them. I hate cars like that....because it's usually in like an 89' DX hatchback being held together by tinfoil and bondo. So it looks like junk, but will waste my sweet and sexy car at the strip.

When you pull up afterwards though and they laugh at you it's still nice to say, even with the 10K that you've put in to your engine, you're still driving a rusted out nasty little car where as I can be proud of how my car looks. You won't be seeing any of those rusted wonders winning any car shows.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I agree..I know it was typical retard Honda owners that give the others a bad name. I'm sure it had a basemap tune on the chip that's far from what it should actually be and they were trying to "tune" it by ear... Good kill nonetheless.

fonzo

sc400--1jz
Dec 25, 2007
baltimore
How long does it take a honda to spool a t60. Did he boost at all or was the race over when he hit boost! Keep killing them

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
WhtMa71;1366340 said:
Neat..Good job beating a 1.6 liter, single overhead cam, non-vtec with a shoddy turbo kit thrown on that isn't really tuned at all... To be expected.

HAHAHAHAHAAH LMAO

yota8791;1366608 said:
well i thought it was funny considering the damn thing has a chipable ecu so its pretty well tuned. wasnt trying to make it sound like i did something spectacular, i just thought it was funny.

chipable to a certain extent....sounds like they werent tuning it right at all

radiod;1366618 said:
Honestly I've seen rediculously quick D16's...laying down times in the low 12's. But then again, they need a ton of money poured in to them. I hate cars like that....because it's usually in like an 89' DX hatchback being held together by tinfoil and bondo. So it looks like junk, but will waste my sweet and sexy car at the strip.

When you pull up afterwards though and they laugh at you it's still nice to say, even with the 10K that you've put in to your engine, you're still driving a rusted out nasty little car where as I can be proud of how my car looks. You won't be seeing any of those rusted wonders winning any car shows.

YUUUUP

only race i ever lost was to a turbo'd b18 hatch car was aswesome

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
well in other kill news busted a bunch of stangs last night running at the local 1/8 mile, fastest pass of the night was a 7.76@82mph w/ 1.7/60ft. no tune 17psi

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
yota8791;1367310 said:
well in other kill news busted a bunch of stangs last night running at the local 1/8 mile, fastest pass of the night was a 7.76@82mph w/ 1.7/60ft. no tune 17psi

Woah, 7.76 sec 1/8 pass? Thats pretty damn good, you should step it up and run with the big guys, get some vids. Congrats.

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
redmaro;1367354 said:
Woah, 7.76 sec 1/8 pass? Thats pretty damn good, you should step it up and run with the big guys, get some vids. Congrats.

yea im tryin to save up enough money to take my car to "The Shop" in kingsport tenn. iv almost got enough. and as soon as my bud that got the vid sends it to me ill upload it.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
radiod;1366618 said:

You really don't need to put that much money into a D16 to make it fast. Just need fuel upgrades and something good to tune with. That being a socketed or "chipped" ecu. Basically turns the stock ecu into a completely programmable EMS using freeware such as uberdata, cromepro, etc..There is also Hondata..

As for the turbo kit..you can piece together a junkyard kit and have it work fine. Use a HX exhaust manifold with a little adapter plate welded to it and you can run a mitsubishi turbo. Use the same Ebay intercoolers, piping, BOV's as most use on their Supras.. Or you can drop $2000-3000 and have a nice kit...No more money spent than we do on our Supras and just as much "cletus modding" goes on in the Supra community as does in the Honda community...

There's guys making over 500hp on stock block D series engines...

It's all in the tune...Which the guy you raced did not have if he was "tuning" it in is driveway..