Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good luck with that. I've never bought any stock other than WalMart, and that was when I worked for them about fifteen years ago. It doubled every year though so I was happy with it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
We may have a small meet in the birmingham area before that Bubba. We generally go out to eat at like a Jim and Nicks or something and meet up. We'll let you know for sure. That's what this thread is all about. Having a way to contact people.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I installed my meth injection kit today. I posted a thread about it in the jz section. I'll take pictures once I find a decent camera to buy.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
suprahero;1228615 said:
I installed my meth injection kit today. I posted a thread about it in the jz section. I'll take pictures once I find a decent camera to buy.

do ya have some detination goin on? or are ya wantin to keep the hp numbers high on the pump gas? i seen where you replyed in the crower gb u lookin to upgrade? you have 272s ,you upgrading to the 280 or the large core?also are the small core 272s the same spec as the new design 264s. id like to upgrade but i dont know if i should spent my money on a e-manage ultimate it would probably net the same hp as the264s.what do you think.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have the ones equivalent to the 264's that he's selling now. They give you a little bit of lag early and then more than up for it on the top end.

I don't know anything about the emanage but anytime you can control your timing, you'll gain a little bit of horsepower.

I'm running the meth kit so I can run more boost and more timing without blowing up.........hopefully.

I should be able to run about 550rwhp safely on 93octane.

C

Chaz

550 h.p daily driver. You'll probably get decent MPG, too. I appreaciate you gettin Blake Walkers number to me, but I wished I went to the guy in b'ham. What's his name, Mullins?
Blake's a flake. He told me to call him when I got to town and he would give me directions to his new shop. He wouldn't answer his phone. i ENDED UP DRIVING 4 1/2 HOURS FOR NOTHING AND HE NEVER EVEN CALLED TO APOLOGISE. Even worse, on the way back, I pulled into a gas station and hit a pile of dirt some idiot pushed up while grading (it was dark) and just about desrtroyed my front body kit that I had just fixed and put back on.
I shouldn't be to hard on him. I guess he could be dead and then I would really feel bad

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Did you have an appointment set up with him? That's not like him at all to miss an appointment. Sometimes he doesn't answer his phone, but everytime I've set a time and date to be there, he was there. I hate you had such bad luck with him. There's a great guy in Sylacauga named Eric Hux. He's twice as expensive as Blake, but he seems to know what he's doing.

C

Chaz

Made the appointment the week before. He called me and we set it up after I left a message (Wednesday at 430). Like I said, he said to call him when I got to Trussville. I tried from 3pm to 430 pm, but his message box was full. I went to his old shop and asked the guys there if they knew where he was but the directions they gave me were wrong. Just seems to me a guy should have a land line if he has a business. But thats just me. Blake did a good job the last two times I went to him. He did stay on his cell phone most of the time, but didn't charge me for the time he wasn't working.
The guys that gave me the bogus directions told me his phone didn't work too good at the new location, but Blake did know I was coming and told me to call him.
But you know, it's done and I'm not going to worry with it. I was more pissed with the damage done to my car on the way back.
But you may want to tell Blake that the guy in Bham is getting several of his customers(according to him) because they either can't get in touch with him or figured he was out of business. That guys Dyno is down, but should be fixed in a couple of weeks
Blake seemed to be a good guy, but I won't go back.

phillyd

Supramania Contributor
Oct 15, 2008
Auburn, AL
Hey all!

Can anyone tell me of any junk yards near-ish Auburn AL that have some mk3 cars and or parts? :aigo:

Also, I know this is a loaded question...but, about how much is a '87 NA auto with a BHG worth? Apparently is has a straight body and little of no rust. It is silver (oxidized) with maroon leather (cracked rear seats). I have not seen it but I trust the guy's word. I want it mainly for the rear sub-frame, gas tank, and diff. Any rough ideas?

Thanks!

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
I paid 600 for my 88 NA w/manual, BHG, rod knock and a crappy interior. It all depends on how much the car is worth paying for. I've seen cars in worse shape than mine going for 750+

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
being an auto i would say 400. no telling whateles your going to run in to. with a blowen head gasket i would say it would be better off being fully rebuilt. it really all depends on how much money and time you have. parts add up fast, and being a supra it doesnt like cheap parts.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
Hey guys iam not in Alabama but you guys seem more fun then the tenn guys lol i drive a 90 targa 1jz car its stock for now, you guys have very many get togethers? Id like to get to know somemore supra guys and noone in tenn seems to ever get a meet going.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
mines almost done. am about 45 min from chatt. sad thing is tho works not looking great and i got three supras to sell. might park the 85 tho. so i might have to move. but then again i might be back to work in 3-4 weeks. either way the n/a has to go. to fund the 85. you ever head to south pitsburg? chatt is just to far for me and i dont really like the city. huntsville would be a good place.