siemons injectors and apexi afc neo

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
has any one used siemons injectors are they any good im thinking about buying the 550cc with clips from driftmotion and what all do i need for an install on a apexi afc on a 91 supra 7mgte or if i buy it from apexi does it come with everything i would need. is there a difference between the apexi safc and the afc thanks for any help or comments

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
I am speaking to the 1st one question, not the 2nd. I have Siemens 550's installed, I had them flow tested, they were as follows: Flow rate at 559cc all under 2% variance (static, 3msec and 6msec tests..) Only have 6k miles on them now, but I spent 10 years working for Siemens (different technology division) but generally speaking they design and manufacture high quality equipment (German based corporation)

Last edited:

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
gottadiesel;1644588 said:
I speak to the 1st one question, not the 2nd. I have Siemens 550's installed, I had them flow tested, they were as follows: Flow rate at 559cc all under 2% variance (static, 3msec and 6msec tests..) Only have 6k miles on them now, but I spend 10 years working for Siemens (different technology division) but generally speaking they design and manufacture high quality equipment (German based corporation)

so i should be alright using them im not trying to make a lot of horse power but im trying to just pep it up a little and im getting the lexus afm mod

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
supraking16;1644595 said:
so i should be alright using them im not trying to make a lot of horse power but im trying to just pep it up a little and im getting the lexus afm mod

IMO I think they are a viable option, they are a little less money than some, but my experience is they flow very accurately. As far as power, you see my HP numbers in my sig below, (Like you, I was not looking for big numbers, just wanted to make a DD that was a little more fun than stock) I am thinking my next dyno run I should hit 375rwhp, future hopes is water/meth and hit in the 425 range... not sure yet though, I think I will just drive it for awhile and see...

To your 2nd question, I did however run the Apexi Neo, cam with everything needed, I did not run it for long before selling it and going with MaftPro to get rid of the Lexus AFM (it can be a real pita) If you have not already bought the Apexi unit, you may want to consider going with a piggyback controller that uses some other technology other than the AFM, but will translate to the stock ECU in a Karman signal language... Just my $0.02, I spent a lot of time and money screwing around with the Lexus AFM option, only to get rid of it...

1970hd

Sep 24, 2010
Decatur Tx.
I also have the siemon 550 injectors, put them in a couple years ago and I am very pleased. got them from Arron at driftmotion, I use the afc but added a vpc to get rid of the lexas afm had some drivability issues with it in an automatic, wanted to go rich for a few seconds coming to a stop and it wanted to die, but the vpc cured that