Showing off the new garage

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Well my mom closed on her house today, she is a first time home owner! The house came with a spare garage, and she told me I could have it if I wanted it. Hell Yes! So I went over today and started moving my stuff in. I am pretty excited, my first garage! Only down side is during the summer, I live an hour away...details details... Anywho, here are some pictures...
p1706681_1.jpg

p1706681_2.jpg

p1706681_3.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nice setup man, definitely liking the bike... Feels pretty good doesn't it? :)

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Thanks guys, it definitely is a good feeling. I would rather NOT have the Supra parked in the garage right now, that would mean its in need of fixing. It was parked on the street at the time. Fixitman, its in Mayville, I am living in Fargo this summer working at the Hot Rod Shop, but coming back to Mayville in the fall for school.

A few seem to like my bike...Its a 1981 Kawasaki KZ650. Definitely a work in progress. Right now, I am just trying to get it to run well. I can get it running with full choke, and slowly bring the choke down to about half, but anything more than that it absolutely will not idle. This 4 carb setup these bikes have are a pain in the ass! Knowing my luck, it probably has nothing to do with the carbs.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
no thats carbs... there is a guy in egf that is really good with those carbs. just got done with a buddy's kz550 they turned out really nice. im doing the pre paint on his tin right now.

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
does he have a shop? Once I get a petcock rebuild kit ordered, I will try running it again. For now, I am going to pull the carbs once again and clean them out, bench sync them, then see where that leads me.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
IR jealous.. My car would be in that garage everytime that I wasn't behind the wheel. Plus, leaks and other weather conditions from letting it sit outside (sun damage comes to mind) would be a thing of the past.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I will say this much, owning a house is friggin expensive, but the freedom to park your baby INDOORS is quite nice. I can leave the top off and windows down whenever I want now, no need to worry about prying eyes or people messing with my car being out on the street...

boostinprine

Nov 6, 2007
Carbondale, IL
nice garage, get some update pics when you get everything how you want it.

Bike issue is definitly the carbs. Clean them all out and make sure all of the floats are at the proper level and get them sync'd up while the bike is running.

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Thanks for the comments peoples! Its definitely nice having a garage. I thought I had a fair amount of stuff, but that was before I had a decent size space to put everything! Now I look in there and say to myself "Dang, I need more equipment and tools." I have a 220v outlet in there too, so a MiG welder is on the shopping list. Along with an air compressor for sure.

As for the carb issue on the bike, I dont have a sync tool to sync the carbs while they are running, but I can bench sync them. Is this enough to get it running decently enough until I can get it to a shop or someone with a sync tool?

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Supra28;1706952 said:
Wow, you sir are lucky. I have my Supra in storage with a monthly bill of $116. Shit's gay, the price pisses me off.

I was paying $175 a month =/, got lucky now and have a storage place where i barter handy man work for on a need basis... I cleaned out this ladies garage and she's letting me park there now 0 bucks w00t, but i do mow lawn and help her with other stuff around her house as a thanks.

I cant believe i paid 175 for almost 2 yrs =/

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
For those who were curious about the bike. I worked on it all day today. Tore the carbs off again, bench synced them, cleaned up some stuff a little bit, and put it back together. Ill let the video speak for itself...