Shipping a Motor

7MsuprO

Apr 29, 2006
Huntington Beach CA/Ohio
I need to ship an engine from Ohio to Southern California. I know how to go about doing so but am somewhat clueless on how to package it. Im thinking of just building a plywood box or something of the sort??? Let me know what you guys would do and also if you have any idea how much its gonna cost.

Thanks.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Well I got ripped for shipping on this last motor. The guy I bought it from shipped it for like, 600lbs for just the engine, I was like WTF!!! I paid about $300 shipping from Illinois to Alabama, so my guess is it will cost about the same for a 300 pound engine to go to california from ohio.

I stayed up all night.

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
i ordered a jdm motor and it came from above new york and it came on a pallet and it was tied down with wire and wrapped with plastic.
shipping cost me $300 and it took 4 days and it was i think like 1500 or more miles. on the paper it said 600lbs for just the motor, turbo, auto converter.
shipped Yellow Frieght Company
www.myyellow.com i think

lazarous

Walking Dead......
Jun 1, 2005
Portland, Oregon
only experience i had was when i got my jdm engine from rising sun the water neck was broken off because of a shoddy box. Make sure the top is well guarded. Also that the palate is in very good condition......mine was a piece of sh*t

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
get a pallet and build a frame with somethin like 1x4s or 2x4s. if it were me id make sure the crate is bulletproof.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
wellt eh best way is wood palet and some tie down strap's and some wood weged under the montes and oil pan so it has more support then wraped it in plastic

levi1717

May 27, 2006
Corinth, Maine
mine was just a pallet with the motor straped to it with nothing covering it and best way to get a motor shipped is know somone with a trailer truck going to the city its in and back........(thanks Jeff) cost me 0$