shine sides warping question

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
Hey guys i got the shine sides on my car but they started buckling in the area where the door and the front fender meet.... anyone have experience with this? how do shops fix this? i also noticed the bottom of my pass side is a lil warped and i can't get it to sit flush with the bottom of the car even with superduper double side tape.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
viper92086;979808 said:
Hey guys i got the shine sides on my car but they started buckling in the area where the door and the front fender meet.... anyone have experience with this? how do shops fix this? i also noticed the bottom of my pass side is a lil warped and i can't get it to sit flush with the bottom of the car even with superduper double side tape.

Contact shine and see what they say.My first recommendation.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
they said they know about it and its a problem with the originals too, basically let it settle and get body work done...

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Anything fiberglass is going to have the same characteristic cause it's "fiberglass" and it stretchs and bends and cowls after usage in rain and normal whether. Even if you had original bomex pieces i'm pretty sure they'll start to do the same after some usage.

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
i have the origional bomex, and i have never had an issue.... i do not drive my car often, but they have been on for 2+years.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
No offense, but going off your previous bodykit related threads it seems you might have your expectations set pretty high - perhaps a little too high.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66105

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66804

These parts are a *completely* different material to OEM plastics and metal, and WILL behave differently.

Have you got some pics of where they are warped?

People specialize in fitting these sorts of parts to cars - there are a lot of tweaks and tricks necessary to get them looking good. Notice I said good, and not perfect :)

I'm no body-guy - but based on your pics of the carfashion bomex sides I still think I could have fitted them. It is possible the images are deceiving, but they honestly looked pretty decent.

Best of luck :)

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
heh the carfasion one was no way gonna fit without very expensive fittting, perhaps my expectations are high but i feel that if a kit is made for a car it should fit, especially if its highly recommended, maybe thats just me