shimming the stock pea shooters

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Hello, I have an upgraded set of stock twins with steel wheels that I am going to install shortly after I solve a boost problem. I have a manual boost controller that will get me up to max 14 psi and no higher because of the wastegates. With the hose off to it I can get over 20 PSI (short test run only). I have a wideband which read down to 11.5 on the 20 psi run, but Im putting a set of 440's on with the new turbo's.
My question is, how do you shim the CT12's? There are only 2 bolts on he bracket and by shimming them out it will partially engage the wastegate so that idea is out.
I don't want to bend the arm either.
I have one idea that would work similar to shimming and that would be to take the hole on the rod end and file it into a slot so it would engage the wastegate later.
Short of adding a spring on the wastegate arm what other options are there?

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
I would try a diffrent boost controller, there should be no reson it shouldn't boost higher.
If the boost went up after you pulled off the hose, then I would think it to be the mbc.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Aren't you going a bit past the efficiency range with that high of pressure on those little turbos? I figure you're just blowing in hot air after 16-17 psi... unless you've upgraded somehow?