shaving the front nose

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I didn't find a thread on this but I have seen it done to many supras, I have questions and wouldn't mind some answers.

What do you use to fill the holes? I'd imagine fiberglass because bondo would drop into the holes wouldn't it? But if you use fiberglass, how good does it stick to the urethane the nose is made of? And when it comes time to paint I read that urethane needs a special additive in order for the paint to stick, otherwise it flakes off... Does this additive affect bondo and or fiberglass?

Some or all answers would and will be greatly appriciated!

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
From what I've been told you do need an additive for painting flexible parts as it will peel or just not stick... I assume that the bondo will crack because of flex ( i wouldn't use that shit unless you have to). I'm not sure though i have no experience with bondo and urethane. I am also interested if anyone has done this to the nose piece. I would consider silicon or something similar because it is flexible. I'm pretty sure some sort of plastic or silicon mixture would be less expensive than fiberglass and have better properties/results. I have no experience with any of this though. Someone else will have better info.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
if just for small cracks and dings I would recommend a urethane filler. If your trying to fill the emblem hole or any other hole I would a wire mesh for backing and then a urethane filler

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
Its pretty much that 5 minute epoxy stuff you can get from your local auto parts store. There is also a bondo product that has fiber glass in it. On the epoxy you just mix it, let it dry and sand it down like bondo. But just like bondo you have to make sure the surface area is clean and a little scuffed.