second gear messes up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
thought id throw some stuff in the air for you to check out.

im thinking a couple of things. maybe the actual engine mounts are blown. the driveshaft is out of round or center support bearing is shot, causing NVH in the upper rpm's. you could try changing tranny fluids for better shifts but you said you're loosing power also, so you could check for a worn/stuck PP or T.O. bearing.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
7mgte4eva said:
when i got into 2nd gear and im around say 4000 rpm it starts to rumble... anyone knows why?

it start to rumble like u feel vibration or u hear a loud popping sounds with vibration??
so u were able to downshift and upshift and able to drive it??
be more specific bro
bone stock, list of mods

Last edited:

7mgte4eva

Oct 22, 2006
new york
when i shift up from 1st to 2nd when it hits around 4 grand it rumbles like the car just cant go anymore into the gear. i was told by my friend that it could have a rev limiter but hes not to sure? anyone know?

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
you definately have a rev limiter, but it's not set at 4k

i don't want to sound like an ass, but don't take car advice from friends that know nothing about cars...i was lucky enough to have forums to learn from...and i've heard some stupid things come out of my friends' mouths, like(as closely as i remember it...he was dead serious):

him: OMG once you go turbo, you should rev the shit out of your rngine in the parking lot
me: HAHA that's stupid, maybe i'll take it high in the RPM range in first as i'm leaving or something
him: no, you should just rev it
me: it's horrible for your engine to rev the shit out of it with no load
him: well, get one, DUH!

but like oscolivar1 said, it helps if you have a list of mods and could describe it a little better, i would guess fuel cut, but i don't know for sure

EDIT:
again, i hate to sound like an ass, but why not just bump the other thread you made yesterday?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30711

Last edited:

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
i dont know if feul cut would make your tranny vibrate, but i dunno we need a better descrption...
LIST YOUR MODS, plz?
have u done ne work on the tranny? or ne owrk in that matter?
could be your PP, Master slave, ne things thing really... it might not even be the tranny.
be specific, or better yet sound clip if u can

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
I get the same problem the only difference is it doesn't matter what gear i'm in.

I change up just before 4000 RPM because after 4000 RPM the engine starts to resonate big time! Sometimes I go further but I fear the engine will go BANG!!! 6500RPM is unseen in my motor.

An example of this resonation is kind of like getting a shopping trolly and trying to spin one of it's wheels. Turn it normally and its fine until you hit it's resonating frequency, by trying to spin it quickly, then it vibrates like mad and slows down.

Thats the best way to describe what's happening and i'm thinking it's crank bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.