Seatbelt saved my life....

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
No not my supra.. that’s still being put together. However last Saturday a guy pulled out in front of me , there was no way to miss him and bam no more daily driver (1996 for explorer) it’s done for. Plus my left shoulder almost dislocated, my nose was almost broken (airbag!) and my arm has burns from the airbag chemical. check out the pic of me in the hospital. All the blood on my shirt is from my nose. :cry:
My shoulder hurts so bad I can’t put my arm above my head. The Dr. tells me it could take 3 weeks to feel better about 6 weeks to be back to 90% mobility. I was told that my arm tried to pull out of the socket (ouch!) but that’s better than going through the windshield (so the State Trooper said) So I have lots of pain pills and this week at home licking my wounds.

Then I find out from the State Trooper that the guy went from the hospital to jail, guess what he had NO LICENCE!! and no insurance, and I guess no brain!!! He should not have even been on the road!!

So now I have no car at all until my supra is back together. Anyone have a good get around town SUV for sale in the Tampa bay area?

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Damn man, so basicly you're screwed out of a vehicle as he's obviously not going to pay?

At least you'll be ok though. Vehicles can be replaced, people can't.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Thanks all.. my left arm is still killing me.. but all in all im ok.

no there is no money for me out of this but he did spend 9hrs in jail :) and it gives me a little push to put the supra together. so I got the cash out of the "safe" and im ready to get everything I need to get the supra running. so there is a good thing..

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
JMDigital;1381556 said:
Thanks all.. my left arm is still killing me.. but all in all im ok.

no there is no money for me out of this but he did spend 9hrs in jail :) and it gives me a little push to put the supra together. so I got the cash out of the "safe" and im ready to get everything I need to get the supra running. so there is a good thing..

Glad your not seriously injured. Take that asshole to small claims court and get your money back. Good thing you have some cash to tide you over till then. As for your shoulder that sucks, ive had similar injuries they cause lingering neck and back muscle pain as well, enjoy the pain pills while they last, but keep yourself in check with them, 1 pill today is 2 pills tomorrow, is 4 pills 5 days later. If you can get two different pills (such as percocet and vicodin), i have found switching back and forth between the two every other day, seems to help keep your tolerance down, so you dont want more as much. Good luck with everything man best wishes.
Jeff

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Doward;1381563 said:
Damn man. Your insurance won't cover anything?

It was a 96 explorer that I paid 3k for 4 years ago.. its not worth getting more then PIP and what I need to drive it. so its ok. I have some cash saved for just this type of thing. "Rainy Day Fund" it will finish my supra and get another older suv for the wife. I allready found a few 2001 explorer's decked out with all the options for about 3-4k and one only had 70k miles and was the Eddie Bauer edition.. nice

lewis15498 - Yea im not the type that gets hooked on pills I took the same percocet's after my 2 surgery's and when I did not need them I did not take them even tho they were available. They just dont do it for me.
Thank you for the warning and kind words all of you... :)

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I still say you should take him to small claims court. It doesnt cost anything and you dont need a lawyer. This guy is obviously in the wrong, so i dont see why you wouldnt win...even if its only 1500, its only one day in court what have you got to loose?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wow! Sorry to hear about the accident! Glad to hear you weren't hurt TOO bad though!

Also glad to see you back on SM!

Eagerly awaiting pics of the Supe!

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
LilMissMkIII;1381684 said:
Wow! Sorry to hear about the accident! Glad to hear you weren't hurt TOO bad though!

Also glad to see you back on SM!

Eagerly awaiting pics of the Supe!

Thanks.. good to be back. I will get some pics of the paint soon as I get over to the shop its at. I think its gotten dusty. :(

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I had a similar situation in my supra about 3 weeks ago... Although mine must have been at a slower speed because nobody was injured and my supra was fixable. Seatbelt did save my life though, as it has twice prior to this time. I never drive off it passengers in the car arent wearing them, if they dont want to they can get out of my car