Seat question...

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
So, years ago I threw out my stock Supra seats because they were all chewed up. Long story short, I bought a Corbeau GTSII seat from a friend over the spring. Not paying attention to the seat orientation, I bought a damn passenger seat. I am not interested in racing harnesses and want to use the stock belts and I already bought both seat brackets for the Corbeau seats. My question is, is their a Corbeau knock off seat that will fit my Corbeau seat brackets, or will any seat work? I really would like to find another matching black GTSII for a reasonable price, but I am unable to find one close to me. Online dealers only seem to sell in pairs. I do not know enough about reclining racing seats to know how to proceed. Would like to use my current Corbeau seat brackets at least...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Oppie

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What is preventing you from using this passenger seat on the driver side? Is flipping the bracket 180° a possibility?

If nothing else, check with THMotorsports on here, Jonathan might be able to help you out here.

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
te72;1877977 said:
What is preventing you from using this passenger seat on the driver side? Is flipping the bracket 180° a possibility?

If nothing else, check with THMotorsports on here, Jonathan might be able to help you out here.

Brackets have no seat belt spot. Seat does, though. My dilemma:

IMG_2342.JPGIMG_2343.JPG

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Oppie1;1877994 said:
Brackets have no seat belt spot. Seat does, though. My dilemma:
I see the problem with the seat, but the bracket appears to be able to be used on either side of the car.

As for the seat, something to consider from a business perspective. It would make no sense for Corbeau to make a seat for the left side of the car AND the right side of the car. I would be willing to bet that the seat belt portion can be removed from the seat and bolted onto the other side. Will probably need to remove some plastic covers to make it happen, but you should be able to do this. :)

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
te72;1880134 said:
How did it turn out, did you solve your issue? :)

Nope. Can't reverse the seat. I'll just have to order another seat I guess. According to THM, you get put on a waiting list until someone else only needs one seat. That's sucky. I was thinking about buying two new seats and just selling my single seat.