Seals needed when replacing a transmission?

Captain_Phil

Apr 13, 2009
Spokane, Wa
I was looking at the TSRM today and noticed it mentions some seals that cannot be reused, does anyone know if i can pick these up at the local parts store (o'reilly's or autozone) or if there dealer only kind of items?

AT_043.gif

There looks like 6 seals from this image.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Are you replacing or rebuilding?

To replace you shouldn't need any seals. Good time to replace the rear main though, and check the front and rear seals for leakage.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The gaskets for the exhaust aren't *that* critical, but if you replace them you'd be ahead of the game. I can't tell what the tiny spec is, maybe that's the exhaust nut? :dunno:

The only other one I see is the transmission filler tube o ring. I bet that thing is like $0.95 from Toyota or any auto parts store.

The exhaust gaskets might be Toyota only type parts, but I'm not sure. I've never bothered replacing those with anything less than genuine OEM.

To further AJ's point, you DEFINITELY should change out the rear main while you're in there.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Are you replacing or rebuilding?

To replace you shouldn't need any seals. Good time to replace the rear main though, and check the front and rear seals on the transmission for leakage.

Don't know why this double posted....Admin please remove.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
If Just replacing might as well throw a rear main seal in and also if its an automatic a torque converter front pump seal.. Its common for them to leak and or tear if the torque converter snags up on it.. The seal is like 3.00 I think so might as well do it anyways and save your self the hassle.