SAFC 1.5jz dyno

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
I got bored at work today and threw my car on the dyno for some safc2 lovin. Mods are 1.5j with TT head, 2j cams, hks t04e?, tial 44m, mkiv 550s, safc2, stock soarer ecu.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Run conditions were an insane 98f air temp and 20% humidity. These were in 4th gear with r154 and 4.3 final drive. You can kinda see the turbo running out in high rpm haha. I've run more boost before and even with standalone I still made the same power up top. Turbo is small but responsive :)

Just thought I'd share.

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
that's pretty cool that you have the same peak power with safc and pfc?? what about driveabilty and midrange?? any major differences there??

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Peak is way different. PFC had much better everything. I was just saying my high rpm power was the same because of the turbo being too small. As far as "driveability" it's about the same. But you can make it putt putt around town smoothly with just about anything if you tune it right.

Here's with PFC:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I was kinda frustrated because the safc2 sucks so much. I mean look how the low end torque was a fucking cliff and now it's just a hill. Stock ecu makes it so laggy damn! Oh well at least I have 370whp. The only reason I sold my pfc is because I needed $$$. It was totally awesome and I miss it already. The car was just so savage. The only good side to what I've got going on now is it's more linear. But that only matters if I'm doing some motorsports. Stabbing on the street with the PFC was so fun! *sigh*

No more 18psi. No more good response, no more 8200rpm :( It's kinda depressing.

I'm thinking driftmotion 60-1. Discuss...

Last edited: