S-AFC NEO should I keep it? or go with something else?

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
S-AFC NEO should I keep it? or go with something else?

I just acquired a S-AFC NEO while doing some trading, never planed on getting one but the price was right. I don't know a lot about these or any piggy back for that matter but have been doing a lot of reading.

My long term goal is around 400 HP. From what I gather from reading about the NEO is that all I can basically do is fine tune the fuel map but really nothing else. Its not going to help with FC unless I go with bigger injectors and a LEX AFM. So if I wanted to go the LEX route it would probably be ok but if I really want more control like running with stock injectors and pushing the boost up past the point of normal FC I would need something else.

Is this correct?

I'm thinking I would be much better off just selling it cause its brand new never used and go with something like the MAP-ECU or MAP-ECU 2. From everything I read it seems these have the best of both worlds from capability and ease of uses.

I'm basically stock now with 3 DP. My next upgrade is going to be 57 trim CT and IC piping then I will be looking at wanting to do some tuning.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
You cant get to 400rwhp without bigger injectors, pump, regulator, and a fuel computer. I honestly would probably go MAP ECU 2 over NEO.

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
I said my long term goal is 400, not with my current setup.

I went ahead and hooked it up so for now I'm going to keep it for now. Maybe go mapecu later after I go 550's and Lex if I can't get a good tune. My main goal is to keep it driveable so I don't constianly have problems like so many seem to have once they go piggy back of some kind. Lex and 550's might not be the best but I think to keep it nice and simple and to be able to make around 400 rwhp its probably the best way to go.

the MAPECU is much better then the NEO but I think it will get me a decent tune without problems as long as I do everything right.

Next is getting my turbo rebuilt and upgraded then I will be getting a AEM Wideband and Boost controller I think.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I did and my plans are a little more modest than yours. For now a properly tuned system given my mods. Down the road a good cat back, 550's, lex, afpr, and 350 whp with my new CT26-57. Based on what I've read and talked about it should be doable and reliable. If I was willing to spend the money on a turbo upgrade maybe closer to 400. I hope I'm being realistic...

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
Like I said long term. I will need a rebuild before I go even close to 400. I'm only planning on running around a BAR on my current engine and stock style HG.

400 would be pushing things to the limit on a dyno, 350 on a daily basis would be plenty for me.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Sounds like we're in the same place. I'm starting a rebuild now on stock internals, planning on MHG at maybe 16 psi, with the mods I've described. If I can make a reliable 350 at the wheels after all that I will be happy.

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
I won't be doing a rebuild for sometime. I hope to be able to get another engine at some point and slowly do it over time. I'm not good at saving money and being able to do it all at once and I'm not going to go into debt to do it either.