S.A. supras metro (gay) blue 87 2jz build

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Looking like some good progress. It costed me 6.5K when I was done and that was with a 5 speed swap and not including the single. So your doing pretty good! You still need to do IC piping, intercooler, clutch fan setup, bov, and exhaust mock up? Also did you get the oil pressure hose from Driftmotion so you can run the stock oil pressure gauge?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Thanks.

Yes sir, and the ps line also. I have all of that from my 1jz set up. I also have my his drager exhaust. I could only image what the total number would be if I still needed all that stuff. I might have some questions for you about deleting some of the vacuum lines.

Last edited:

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
You delete them all HAHA but seriously you only need the one for the map sensor, to fpr, then your BOV and your wastegate lines, and your boost gauge. Thats it. going single gets rid on them all :)

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Cool that what I need to know. Thanks.

I got a shipment in from driftmotion today with the rest of my parts. Most importantly my timing belt so that I can button up the engine.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Finally got the release hub bearing assembled, and installed the flywheel, clutch kit, and transmission. I thought I would be done by mid October...... Oh well.
utf-8BSU1BRzA2MTQtMS5qcGc.jpg
utf-8BSU1BRzA2MTUtMS5qcGc.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Looking good. Make sure you have the clutch disc in the correct way. You don't want to pull all of it back down due to a backwards clutch disc like someone we know. :icon_redf

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Suprapowaz!(2);1773094 said:
Looking good. Make sure you have the clutch disc in the correct way. You don't want to pull all of it back down due to a backwards clutch disc like someone we know. :icon_redf

FF.

Flat side, Flywheel.

Easiest way to remember.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Lol yeah it had a sticker on it, but it fell off. So I put it on the way I thought it was suppose to go...... Then I verified that I put it on the wrong way
. Good thing you and David put it on the wrong way, it made me double check.

Iboightasupra, where do the brackets go? As you probably know there are six holes is it the four to the front or back of the engine?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I supposed you are taking about the engine brackets. I am using the OEM 1JZ brackets in my 88, since the previous owner changed the subframe to a 89+ round mount frame.

Exhaust Side

a6898858-22e9-bf50.jpg

Intake Side

a6898858-2382-f2f0.jpg

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Oh man its been awhile. I lost my motivation, but now I'm back on it. I plan on dropping engine in next week. I have to do some soldering and some fabrication. Maybe have her running by March. Anyone else ever just plan lost their motivation?

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Ya I have lost it lately. I wake up in the morning all like "I'm gonna work on my car today!". But as soon as I look out the window, it's -10 and snow everywhere. "Screw that I'm not going out there" hahah.