Running Rich With 560cc And lex Maf . What to DO

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
So I have Lex Maf with 560cc and am running a little too rich for my likings. Any advice ?

My Current Mods

Stock Motor|
Cleaned Up Top End|
BIC Divorced Down pipe|
2.0 HKS Stopper Head Gasket|
Greedy Timing Belt|
Arp Bolts|
Nikki 560cc Injectors|
Blitz Nur-Spec Exhaust |
Stock Trim CT26|
HKS Filter Reload Kit|
Act Extreme performance street|
Fidanza Flywheel 11 pounds|
Intercooler Xo2 2.5|

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
A 1UZFE meter and 550cc injectors will not cause a lean condition beyond what Toyota designed. You need to start supplying information in the post if you want it diagnosed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
That would make it leaner, not rich. And since he hasn't said how rich or lean, or how it is being measured, it doesn't really matter.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
You right Im being vag . So I dont have afm And I dont have a way of adjust any thing. Pretty stock other than 3'exuast ddp and 560cc lex maf. My next upgrade is a afm so i can get an idea of how rich Im really running. But my question i guess is shouldn't my car be running fine with this set up . Or running rich is normal with the 560cc and lex maf . my condition is i have rumbling ln my exast like a mis fire or Running rich .

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Nick M;1606255 said:
That would make it leaner, not rich. And since he hasn't said how rich or lean, or how it is being measured, it doesn't really matter.

It's not a one-way adjustment. You assume the screw isn't all the way in, causing a rich mixture? I agree with the lack of information, meaning you don't know who had the housing first nor do you know if/how they adjusted it.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
I know about the screw . If i remember correctly my maf body is out of a LS400 witch there is no screw but a blank that is in all the way. Im going to check it tomarrrow . where should it be . Out all the way ?

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Northbaysupra;1606281 said:
I know about the screw . If i remember correctly my maf body is out of a LS400 witch there is no screw but a blank that is in all the way. Im going to check it tomarrrow . where should it be . Out all the way ?

First things first. You have no business messing with your air/fuel mixtures without a proper means of measuring them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Just don't comment about how it works when you don't know. The screw is not a mixture screw. Opening it up makes it so the meter can't measure how much is going in. The screw being all the way in is the most accurate measurement. Then all the air is pushed over the measurement device, the vortex generator and photocoupler with LED.

Northbaysupra;1606268 said:
So I dont have afm And I dont have a way of adjust any thing.

Northbaysupra;1606268 said:
Pretty stock other than 3'exuast ddp and 560cc lex maf.

How is your next upgrade the upgrade? What do you mean you don't have an AFM? The Lex maf isn't a maf, that is mass airflow sensor. It is a volume airflow meter. And a rather acccurate one at that. Once again, how do you know you are rich?

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Well your right i belive its rich from the way it sound as i said before. Or it just a little miss fire. I cant tell which it is and its not giving me any codes. that is why i asked if it should be running right with this set up.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
X2 on a wideband ,and make sure you get an AEM one. Its self calibrating and you can get it from one of our vendors for under $200 shipped. The whole "It SOUNDS like its rich just wont cut it. And yes there is an adjustable screw on the AFM you just need to drill the cap out and its in there. But first things first get yourself a wideband and get some real AFRS.