Running into alot of problems, need some help.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
Hello
I have a 1989 Toyota Supra with a 2jzgte swap.
I had the car running and every thing seemed fine.
Then one day on my way home the oil pressure spiked on my gauge and oil started pooring out of the front of my engine.
Second bad thing now I have a knock around 2000rpm and 2500rpm. I turned the car off as soon as it started and had it towed home.

I have read that it may be the #6 rod bearing that is knocking, seemed to be the most common problem with these engines not getting oil to #6. The oil leak may be from the oil pressure relief valve? I have read about this happening but not sure at this point. At first I belived it to be my front main seal but that was replaced before installing the engine.

Have any of you ran into this problem? If so what were the steps you went through?
Thank you for all and any help.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would think front main. Pull off the top timing cover and see if you can look down to it.

If you lost a bunch of oil the bearing with the least amount of oil flow is going to take a shit first.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
The oil was still at a good level when it happened. Was still in the middle of the dipstick when I checked. I guess its time to pull the engine and order a replacement and rip apart the old one to see what happened.