running 1j in 6 days

lenny

Apr 6, 2005
socal
Id like to thank Rob P for letting us borrow his shop for a week, Jon H for all his help til 5am Lol and Marcus and Rob for donating parts. Thank you guys for helping. Couldnt have been possible w.o them. The swap is pretty much done. Theres only cleaning up to do. I opted for 2J fan setup and she runs great. The setup is bone stock other than an air filter and spec clutch. I will be dynoing on Sept 9 to see how is does. On the way home I blew a water line but we patched that up pretty quickly. I got the clip for 1500 with free shipping, compression was 170 on #1 and 180 from 2-6 and spent probably 500-700 on misc items. Heres some pics and vids for all. I purchased the car in July and its already Jz'd!
DSC01200.JPG

DSC01201.JPG

DSC01202.JPG

DSC01203.JPG

DSC01204.JPG

DSC01205.JPG

DSC01206.JPG

DSC01187.jpg

http://lanjza70.935motorsports.com/VID/1jstart.wmv

lenny

Apr 6, 2005
socal
Ya I guess its kinda long =) You can see in the videos we liked to play around, play football , do compression checks on other motors and it was hoteer than balls this week for some reason

Jon@935motorsports

Supra Addict
Aug 6, 2005
San Diego, CA
www.935motorsports.com
soapra said:
Did min in three! Did Rays in two! That's good Lan, you guys dont do these on a day to day basis.

umm.... no, it was 6 days from the time I took the clip off the truck to the tme it was running. Swap took three days, it would have taken 1, but unfortunately lan bought a auto clip, had a 5speed n/a car and we had to change out his waterpump, all that stuff, make a wiring harness, make piping, make the fan fit nicely, make a adapter for the new slave cylinder, find a bellhousing, change the clutch, change the driveshaft etc etc. All of this stuff went on and since we didnt have most of the parts till a few days ago, i think a swap done by me and lan in 3 days isnt bad.

Also, if we had all the parts and started with a 92 turbo, i could have done the swap in 1 day

Did petes swap in 2 nights.

Did hiros in 3 days by myself.

Did Keons in 3 days.

Did both of mine in 2 days.

Did lans in 3 days.

BTW, Power blue is my car.

lenny

Apr 6, 2005
socal
Mods? I dont mod =)

any way.. the clip was auto...the car was na so those were hurdles we had to get over.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
wow, that's awesome! six days from front clip arriving to running order. i hope my swapgoes that smoothly. im sure it wont go as fast but i could live with smooth progress. thats definatly a hot car lenny. when does the big snail go on? :icon_bigg

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
Hey guys.. nice swap, cool cars. I gota question: What kind of ecu are you guys using??? I plan on buying a 1jz auto set up and buying a bellhousing to do the swap. I was just wondering what type of ecu you guys are using.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
2 1j swaps last week, NA to turbo swap this week, and 2 more swaps MK2 and MK3 booked for the future

it's a good thing we don't do this on a day to day basis... we have no clue what we are doing.. we do have lots of fun though!

lenny

Apr 6, 2005
socal
we do have lots of fun thats pretty much what matters.....thanks robert. youre a great friend first and far most.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
If you use an auto ECU on your 5spd tranny... wouldnt you have to upgrade the ecu somehow?