RPS Clutch disk question

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
Since PRS was nice enough to not label there clutch disk, i'm not sure which way to install it. Can anyone tell me which side should go toward the flywheel?
This side??
p868403_1.jpg

Or this side??
p868403_2.jpg

Thanks

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
BuiltMK3 said:
Since PRS was nice enough to not label there clutch disk, i'm not sure which way to install it. Can anyone tell me which side should go toward the flywheel?
This side??
p868522_1.jpg

Or this side??
p868522_2.jpg

Thanks
most likely springs out, it won't fit the wrong way it would hit the bolts holding the flywheel. To be sure test fit first on both sides

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
quake said:
most likely springs out, it won't fit the wrong way it would hit the bolts holding the flywheel. To be sure test fit first on both sides

Thats what confused me cause it fits either way. I am using the fidenza aluminum flywheel if that makes a difference.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Speaking from sorry experience, here...

Put the flat side towards the flywheel. This is how it's shown in the TSRM for the stock disk, the aftermarket should be the same.

If you put the springs toward the flywheel, it'll fit, but there isn't much clearance between it and hte flywheel bolts. It can drag against the flywheel bolts and loosen them over time. :( A loose flywheel isn't a good thing.

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
Dan_Gyoba said:
Speaking from sorry experience, here...

Put the flat side towards the flywheel. This is how it's shown in the TSRM for the stock disk, the aftermarket should be the same.

If you put the springs toward the flywheel, it'll fit, but there isn't much clearance between it and hte flywheel bolts. It can drag against the flywheel bolts and loosen them over time. :( A loose flywheel isn't a good thing.

Yea, i noticed that it would fit with the springs in but it was very close to the flywheel bolts. A little movement and it would come into contact with them. Thanks Dan

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
No sweat. I just don't want other people to repeat my mistake.

A loose flywheel starts off not as obvious as you might think. My first indication was when I hit the clutch pedal and ... nothing. The master cylinder just pulled the flywheel away from the motor instead of releasing the clutch. After that is when the terrible noise started. Fortunately we caught it before any real damage was done, but it was unnerving.