Rough takeoff

Novadude

Jul 21, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN, United States
I really didnt know what to search for this, but I did scroll through about a hundred pages of threads lol
It starts and idles fine, revs up fine but when I go to take off, it stumbles and falls on its face. Once it overcomes that it runs like a bat out of hell, boosts fine. If I keep it revved up and slip the clutch while taking off until it reaches speed, it does ok.
I have no codes
I did blow off a coupler this morning but fixed that, this started this morning before the blown coupler
doesnt like to cruise, only runs good while accelerating
mods are DM intercooler, 550 injectors, lex afm, 62 trim turbo, 3in exhaust

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I believe so, yes.
If your wideband has narrowband emulation, you can substitute it temporarily(or permanently), provided you
Wire resistors into the heater circuit. Cant remember what JJ said was needed, as far as the resistor specs.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You didnt clean the afm did you?

wide band o2 and the stock o2 have different mounts. wideband are screw in bung while stock are 2 bolt.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Sounds like mine when I had an atmospheric BOV and stock ecu. Makes it run stupid rich at cruise and takes a bit for it to get past that dead spot from a stop. Might help, might not- good luck figuring it out!

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Another posibility is the afm. Mine had the exact same symptoms as you describe right before it took a complete crap on me. It would only throw the code 31 maybe one out of every five times I checked. Then got progressively worse as it went out.