rough idle then shit ton of smoke??

kuongie

kung pao
Aug 8, 2006
jacksonville
hey guys this is a pretty general question, the other day out of the blue my car starts to idle like a muscle car, then a shit ton of smoke starts pouring out of my exhaust. it felt like it wanted to stall really bad, checked my oil and it was low so i capped it off. after that it was fine, it idled fine, no smoke and drove me home 30 minutes away. today when i got to work it started doing it again after driving, as soon as i pulled into parking. my question is, have you seen or experienced this problem when your turbo started taking a shit on you?? i mean once the smoke starts pouring out, my car is obviously NOT drivable at all. ive read alot of threads on here of turbos going out but everyone seems to be able to drive it still even with smoke pouring out the exhaust? in my case, normal signs of blown turbo or more problems than just turbo??

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Could be ECU

could be your 02 sensor

but twins dying wont do that.

my twins poor out oil and it doesn't run like that

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Bad ecu pal, i had that same problem 2 years ago.

Get the caps replaced, its cheap.

It will start doing it randomly while the engine is cold and get better when it warms up, but within a short period of time the car will be undriveable.

Last edited:

kuongie

kung pao
Aug 8, 2006
jacksonville
it does smell like gas, it runs like its about to stall. the rpm wasnt jumping around like reapers though, more like low rpm to stalling and a lot of smoke. i guess for everyone else whos tyring to trouble shoot, these are symptoms to look for apparently. ill post back to verify it was a bad ecu once its fixed.