Rough idle, stalling at times

mtx911

Permanently Banned
Nov 2, 2009
calgary
Heres the story on my 7mgte.

I have a idiling issue, only once the car is warmed up tho.
On a cold start, the car will start nice and rev about 1000-1500 RPM
until the engine is warm and then back down to normal speed, everythings
good. But my problem is that once the engine HAS warmed up, and you turn the car off and come back 10 mins later, start the car, it will sputter then start VERY rough like the car kinda rumbles, its bad, i usually just kick start it by pressing the gas at around 2000rpm for 5 seconds, and then let go and the car usually gets normal again. rough starting ONLY when the engine has already been warmed up. i heard bad EGR, i have no clue wat to looks for,
it obviously seems to be lacking something on a warm startup..
thnx. :aigo:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
drivers side of the engine at the back right under the throttle linkage. you will see a pipe going from the head to the intake manifold.

mtx911

Permanently Banned
Nov 2, 2009
calgary
hvyman;1489401 said:
drivers side of the engine at the back right under the throttle linkage. you will see a pipe going from the head to the intake manifold.

What do u think it could be? :1zhelp:

mtx911

Permanently Banned
Nov 2, 2009
calgary
Its near impossible to find a vaccum leak.. im not sure where to start..
if it was vaccum i wud think it would do it all the time rather than just when i start it up.
is it maf or afm or 7mgte?
clean the sensors ?

mtx911

Permanently Banned
Nov 2, 2009
calgary
clean all these sensors or something iuno wtf causing this to stupid to pinpoint..
watever it is it gets back to normal after 5-7 seconds of gas..

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
It is probably a vacuum leak. They are hard to find. Get your head down there in the engine bay and listen closely, Maybe you'll be able to hear it. good luck I hate leaks.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Green7mgte;1489629 said:
not to hijack but the same thing is happeneing to me. sometimes ill turn it off then it won't even start less i goose the gass peddle.

i have the same problem as well, we realy need to find the issue here! i heard of someone putting a switch in the car that bypasses the vsv or somthing and you hold that for ten sec. and everthing will be good.

but something is happening after warm start for sure. and i dont think it is a vac leak or spark realated at all. it is the computer that is sending or getting the wrong info, and then it runs like shit.

mtx911

Permanently Banned
Nov 2, 2009
calgary
Somethings being a bitch.. not a vaccum leak it wud do it all the time if it was..
not spark.. i have no clue guna have to rip some shit apart n clean it all
im thinkin iscv or something stick.. afm dirty as shit i have no clue
couple seconds on the gas pedal fixes it tho.. dont get it