roll cage question

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
we're going to put an 8 point cage in my car (hopefully by next week), from the people that have done it, are their any tips that are helpful on this specific layout?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yes, be sure to send the a-pillar bars through the dash, and have the mounting plates for those be as close to the firewall as you can get them. Have the pair of seats you want to put in the car handy and make sure that the side bars will clear the lower bolsters of the seat. You can tie the cage into the bar that runs across behind the dash (like mine is). Really the rest is just preference, but if you just take it to a place and tell them to make you an 8pt cage, its likely you wont have enough room for your seats, so be sure to be clear on that.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
thanks for the heads up on the dash stuff, one of my friends is doing it in his shop, he's only charging me for piping. he said he would build it to pass 8.50 tech, even though it will be a mid 10 second car at best.

i wasn't even thinking about the seats either, guess i'll go ahead and get those ordered tomorrow morning too

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Very good tips posted above. Whoever builds it will need you there for parts of it too. The doorbar needs to pass through a point between your shoulder and elbow, and the mainhoop need to be within 6" of the back of your head. But if he can build a certifiable 8.50 cage, i'm sure all this will be all set anyways...