Roil oil additive experiences.

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
A friend of mine told me about this additive. Its been around for quite sometime and it seems to be a kicker.

Has anyone else used these in their engines before. Is it worth the bang for the buck.

I`ve been considering it myself. any input would be appreciated :)

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I am curious about additives as well, i know there big on it in japan. New oil now does not have as much zinc added to it.

Eman14j

O help me, Oprah Winfrey!
Nov 7, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products_overviews.sd?iid=4&catid=6

I live buy lucas with all additives never had any problems. My stock Daily Driver (outside of a K&N drop in filter) from mile 63 in my 2008 SER Spec-V I've added the oil and fuel additives from day one and my MPG counter in the car is up to low 40's on highway... crazy huh I refuel every 2 weeks. check it out there is a overview link above on lucas.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
99% of oil additives are either crap or do nothing that a good synthetic oil will already do by itself - save your $$$ a buy a good oil. Additives that contain moly or zinc (ZDDP) can be useful in certain situations...i.e. ZDDP in flat tappet cam motors.

Avoid Lucas and Slick 50 like the plague.

Fuel additive wise, those that contain polyether amine (like Gumout Regane or Chevron Techron) are the only ones that actually work - I prefer Regane due to it's higher concentration of the active ingredient. A bottle in a full tank every 5K miles is plenty.