Robot Dogs...

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Looks like they added some new footage from the first time I saw it.
They have done an amazing job with the movements and reaction to the environment.
I can't wait to see what robotics bring in 10 years.

It reminds me of HL2

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Thats sick When it was about to fall I though it was just 2 people. But then I saw underneath it. Unreal...

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
That is one of the most eerie things I've seen in a long time. "Normal" Robots don#t phase be at all, but there is something about that one I just don't like...

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
That is amazing.. The movements it makes are very lifelike and its amazing how it can catch itself from a fall.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Roommate showed me that last night. The counterbalancing acts in that are amazing!!!

It reacts to external forces like a real being. Unreal.

Kinda scary. Makes me think iRobot shit isn't too far off...

Oct 2, 2006
Denver
I saw the robot on another forum recently. Those are indeed a bit creepy. They aren't directly programmed for balance compensation or specific terrains and individual situations. They are a true AI and have sensors and cameras to adapt to terrain, as well as learn from mistakes and previous data taken otherwise.

There is a video of a three legged robot that is even more creepy, but I can't seem to find it. It has been trained to evade people, chase cars, etc.

I was over at my friends house last night and he was telling me about that new Gibson. I've never seen one before, but I was told that they cost $4G, which to some people who are serious about playing venues and/ or touring, I could see worthwhile. They can be set up to auto tune if they are out of tune while playing, too. That would save a lot of time, but the auto stringer is a bit of a waste. You can wind strings faster than that with a speed knob, although I don't know that it would be a good idea to do that on this guitar, but maybe when you pull the tuner keys out, it disengages the servos. Seems like it.

It looks like you can switch between different key open tunings instantly too, which means you could write music and perform it that would otherwise necessitate two (or more) guitars on stage and a switch pedal. Pretty cool! I'll bet it eats strings, though. Who knows...

The footage of those bots convinced me that homosapiens will be destroyed by robots. It's not a matter of how anymore. Just a matter of when. hahahhaa...