Ridiculous 1000HP 7M Street MK3 Build

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
jurp: subframe bushings are from ronniek on these forums. Thread is here http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?156551-poly-subframe-bushings-kit

not sure about the silicone on the front plate of the trans. I'm assuming they sealed the trans properly, lol. I've never opened up an R154 nor do I ever care to. I've got enough crap to work on as it is.

HKS_TRD: I'm thinking I might just machine a tapered plug or tap a thread in for a threaded plug.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Finally spent some time this weekend on engine.

Had to port the manifold and turbo exaust housing to clear the valve.

Plugged up a few additional water housing holes I won't be using.

Tapped a 1" npt thread in the cps hole for a cap.

Alot of little things are adding up to alot of time.

0tZQlk.jpg

UeDpwI.jpg

a31LrO.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Been trying to think of what I want to plug that hole with. was thinking a block off like the 2j's have, but I think ill go that route. Only issue is I have to do it to multiple heads. Rather not destroy a head that I will probably reuse on a car that won't have crank/cam pickups.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
A block off is ideal but more $$ and time which I don't care to use more of at this point. An npt plug looks clean and its cheap but pretty much ruined any chance of selling the head if I ever came to that point.

This build is pretty much at a stage of zero f's given. I wasted enough time pondering about the best approach for everything. Need to just put this thing together and get it running.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Speaking of getting this running...I made a reasonable goal of getting this thing running within 60 days. In order to keep myself honest...I've made a little excel sheet to keep track of everything.

IVP9uA.png

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I do web application development for the most part. I use project management software so I figured id try some of that on this project (simplified version of course)

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
I was gonna ask if you were an engineer by trade because I am and this seems exactly like something I'd do. Living life one spreedsheet at a time haha.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Nice, dev or sdet was my next guess.

Applications Developer here as well, although I mostly work on Oracle lately.

Last edited:

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Hey just went through all the thread.... awesome work and engine looks beautifull. What you're doing is something i would love to do but could never afford so im just wishing you all the success when you will finish the project and doing some dyno runs to achieve your goal. And the fact that you're keeping 7M alive is even greater. :)