revalving megan coilovers

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Does anyone know some one on the forums that can revalve my megans ? I was going to change up my spring rates (lower) and if I blow a shock I'd like to know who to call on.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
gofastgeorge;1529739 said:
I think you are SOL.......
Bilstein, Koni, and Tein can be revalved/rebuilt, but the chinese stuff is throw-away.

Not necessarily true. Koni north america can do a wet conversion and put their valving in the Megan bodies. Just email KONI NA if your serious about doing it. IIRC its about 150 a shock

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
supraguru05;1529791 said:
Not necessarily true. Koni north america can do a wet conversion and put their valving in the Megan bodies. Just email KONI NA if your serious about doing it. IIRC its about 150 a shock

Must be just labor, since I just priced Koni inserts that will fit into old JIC bodies, and even the single adjust are over $200 each.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
gofastgeorge;1530622 said:
Must be just labor, since I just priced Koni inserts that will fit into old JIC bodies, and even the single adjust are over $200 each.

Yea the price moves and depends on how they are doing it. At that price I would see it being cheaper to buy some 3012s and make new mounts. Ultimately Megan's valving already sucks and you would be hard pressed to change the spring rate enough for it to really matter. If you blow one I believe you can send them back to be rebuilt by Megan Racing.

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
personally i would send them to koni over megan, koni is going to be better. and also if your changing your springs i would just go ahead and send them in to have them revavled if they can that way you dont get done then shortly down the road they blow but that all depends on their age also

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
supraguru05;1530833 said:
........ If you blow one I believe you can send them back to be rebuilt by Megan Racing.

They don't rebuild them, they just give you a new one......
They cost so little, that they can afford to send you another, and charge you a 'rebuilding' fee, and still make a profit.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
yeah thanks for the info guys . Thats what i was afraid of. I will definatly give Koni a call so thanks for the heads up. besides Megan has a limit on their "rebuilding" (give ya a new one) service, warranty time frame and all that crap.
Im bummin because I went with these Megans in the first place. Oh well live and learn, I guess...