Returning member (Alabama)

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Finally returning to the Supra world. In 2014 I spun the harmonic balancer of the crank on my 7mge and parked it. Every time I tried to fix it life came in with a vengeance. A couple of times I seriously thought about selling it but nothing came of it. Finally last month I unlocked the door and sat in the 88 then I turned the key and the radio came on and something clicked on inside me and I started to rebuild the 88. I pulled the motor to replace the 7mge crank but after a few days of searching and not finding one I decided to look at a 2jz swap. After my first heart attack after looking at the prices of 2jzgte swaps I started looking at 2jzge's... another heart attack later I could not believe how much prices have went up.

A week later of searching I was talking to a guy I deliver parts to about trying to find a 2jzge non vtti engine. He sits down at his desk and makes three calls and says he found one for 1000. Just the motor, ecu and wiring harness, no trans or accessories. I asked him how much was shipping and he said free because it's sitting in a junk yard and to give them a few days to pull it out a a Lexus SC300. Now the bad parts. The ECU is a automatic ecu and the wiring harness was cut when they sold the auto trans. I was missing the 40 pin plug which now has been replace. The hardest part for me will be the wiring. Well off to search the sticky's for infromation.

Reactions: CTsupra

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Welcome back! I remember the screenname. Yes, i also had a few heart attacks when I re-entered the supra game. Seems like the 2J N/A motors is where its at now for bang for the buck. Myself, im just staying 7m. Got a build thread over on SF but havent made a thread over here yet. Gotta get on that...

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
I wanted to stay 7m but finding a crank turned out to be not in my favor. Since I know I'm creating a faster car than stock 7M I'm researching roll cages, brake upgrades, suspension upgrades, and rebuilding the steering. And since I have the time and money and no wife complaining about me spending too much time and money on the car. I'm planning on doing it right the first time

Reactions: CTsupra