Retaining the AC on a 2JZ swap into the MKIII

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
For all of you guys that have done the 2JZ swap, have any of you managed to keep the AC compressor?. I've managed to get it all bolted up by swapping compressor head the way Arnout recommended on his site. However now that it is bolted up I can't get the power steering pump to mount back into it's bracket. Does anybody have any ideas or recommendations?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Bigzavs;1181279 said:
you have to take a grinder to the bottom of the pump bracket to clearance for the a/c line bolts

I didn't.
I took the 7m A/C Line hook up and put it on the AC housing. Everything cleared.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
for my three swaps, I had to grind the bottom of the PS bracket slightly to clear the AC line bolts.
I did two aristo engine setups and both needed this little grinding as well. I had to transfer the 7m top plate to the compressor in order for the lines to bolt up as well.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yeah mine is an Aristo 2JZ. I swapped over the 7M AC compressor head. Deadcell, I wonder if you had an aftermarket pump or maybe Toyota has a different casting. Hmm. Anyways thanks a bunch for the responses guys I'm off to pickup a grinder.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Well, I did buy the bracket from champion, I'm betting the Mark IV bracket is different. Because once I swapped over the top part of the AC, everything fit in there like a charm.