Replacing injectors and clips question

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am getting some 550CC injectors and I bought clips for them as well, I noticed the clips I have do not have colored wires they are just black and the wires on my stock injector clips are different colors for each one. I assume it matters which wires I connect but I'd like to check with you guys.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Oh so I don't have to match colors. Sweet. I also assume soldering and heat shrink is the best method for injector clips?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I think I have the same clips. I have a lexus afm and my injectors should be coming in tomorrow or tuesday and install them on wednesday on my day off. From what I have read and been told it's just install the injectors and AFM and good to go but also should get a wideband and AFR gauge to be sure what I am running.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well I installed the injectors tonight and went to fire up the car it was turning over but never fired up. I checked the fuel rail area and saw a puddle of fuel under the third injector right by the throttle body. I hate my life.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Doat;1966917 said:
Well I installed the injectors tonight and went to fire up the car it was turning over but never fired up. I checked the fuel rail area and saw a puddle of fuel under the third injector right by the throttle body. I hate my life.

Gotta watch those damn O-rings.
It's possible to think you've pushed your injectors in all nice n cozy when you actually haven't.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea I am thinking I messed up the O ring or it got out of place when I push it into the fuel rail. I want to know for sure though with these precision 550 injectors do you have to have the top grommet piece on that sits below the O ring? Like I said when I had it on the injector would simply fall out when I tried to put the fuel rail and injectors in place but without the grommet the injectors felt like they seated and stayed in place. I guess I don't need them since I only have one injector leaking. I had my brother crank the car and it started right up but I saw fuel leaking from that injector but couldn't tell where but my guess is it's from the fuel rail side because it's dribbling onto the intake manifold and not spraying out.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Oddly enough I don't have clearance issues I tightened the fuel rail down and the clips aren't being squeezed or anything. The problem was a crushed O ring I saw a flattened area on the ring, replaced it with one from my old injectors, I replaced those O rings when I did my head gasket they still should be good. Now I am throwing it back together enough to start it up and check again. I really hope there aren't anymore problems my head is killing me I got coolant splashed in my eye from those damn hoses on the throttle body and my back is killing me.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
That did solve the fuel leak but now I am trying to get the damn Lexus AFM on the accordion hose and I just can't get it in there, that's what she said. Any tips? Do I have to cut the hose a little bit to get it to fit?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Vaseline. I suppose other lubricants could do the job as well, but it's a tight fit on the stock accordian hose.

Edit: FWIW, I tested for leaks with my injectors by turning on the ignition and jumping B+ to FP in the diagnostic block while the TB was still off the manifold, so that I could see. Much easier to check then.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I used Vaseline and got the hose on the lex afm, I just came back from a test run and HOLY SHIT she hauls ass now. Strange thing is when I turned up my boost controller to 45% it still showed I was boosting around 6-7psi but I think it pulled harder unless it was just me. Still trying to figure out how the hell to work this damn boost controller lol. Here is a video of my first run.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200762548928258&l=3528288898702910672

Yea Dan, I found that idea out while I was looking up ways to put the Lex AFM on I was like awww I could have just done that and saved myself LOADS of headache and time.