Replacing clutch softline, need info

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
I'm replacing my clutch hydraulics and want to replace the stock softline. Can someone tell me what fittings I need and experiences with what brands of fittings/hose they have used?

No offense to anyone but I'm not looking for "buy the driftmotion line" rather for information on specific fittings and hose.

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
I tried to get the same info a few years back and didn't have any luck. I ended up having a custom line made for me by a company out of California. I used to have the line size/thread pitch info but I've slept since then. I may be able to dig it up in a few days and if so, I'll PM you.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
Thanks. I may just take the OEM line off the car and over to the hydraulic shop. I'm expecting some weird metric fittings they've never seen before will be the answer though.

Nice sig btw! I was a regular at the Cleveland GP for quite a few years.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
If you opt for something already available, then check out the Driftmotion in the vendor section. I think they offer 2 alternatives; a SS replacement for the just the rubber hose section, or a full length SS hose from the master to slave cylinder.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
This is specifically the short rubber line between the hardline and the slave cyl. It appears both ends are female 10mm x1.0mm pitch. Does anyone know what the flare is? Earl's has several variations of 10x1.0 to -3AN as I'm sure several other brands, but I want to make sure my hydraulic shop has exactly what I need in stock before I start taking the car apart.

I'm making my own because that's what I want to do.

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
Poodles;1292513 said:
Why exactly are you going to make your own line?

I can't speak for him, but for some of us its cheaper to make our own if we know the fittings. I have access to TONS of SS lines/fittings but just need to know sizes when fabbing our own stuff up. I am curious about this as well. or even the full length size. to the OP if you find out can you please post it.

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
bfr1992t;1292161 said:
Nice sig btw! I was a regular at the Cleveland GP for quite a few years.

Burke lakefront airport right? On the list of one of my favorites over the years. I was a regular at the Long Beach Grand Prix since the late 80's.

Back to the subject, I've attached pictures of my line and think I have the part numbers for the ends. I'll look and hopefully have something for you in the morning.

Attachments

• slave line.jpg
    slave line.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
  • slave line 2.jpg
    slave line 2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 10
  • slave line 3.jpg
    slave line 3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
Found my notes and receipt! Ends: Goodridge part #757-03-31, Convex metric seat bulkhead w/circlip groove 17mm hex Toyota. You can view the Goodridge parts catalog on their web site for additional details. I'll PM you with the rest of my line information. Hope this helps out.