Replaced distributer o ring, now I lost power.

Perico_Supra

Dec 1, 2013
Eastcoast
So I replaced the distributer oring. I thought everything was smooth until I tried to start it, car got about one crank then completely lost power. My obvious guess is that I lost the timing but i don't think it would cause the car to have a complete loss of power would it? I can't even put my windows up and its a brand new battery. Maybe a fuse or a relay. If anybody can give me some advice so I can start trouble shooting I would greatly appreciate it.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Is anything really that important?
I do agree about looking for a wiring fault, i know my wire shield started falling off last time i adjusted my timing.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
This is a tech section and your wandering off in la la land. Stop.

If you read the post he said he cant even roll windows up. That has nothing to do with timing. No power no start.

Perico_Supra

Dec 1, 2013
Eastcoast
hvyman;2028745 said:
This is a tech section and your wandering off in la la land. Stop.

If you read the post he said he cant even roll windows up. That has nothing to do with timing. No power no start.
Exactly, no power. I'm currently going through all my fuses so when I finish that, I'll update

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Start with a multimeter and checking for power from the battery and on the little wire that goes from battery to fuse box.