Removing 1JZ-GTE

Apparation

Oct 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hey guys, I just bought a 5spd soarer for parts and im looking to pull the engine and tranny out. What needs to be disconnected besides the hoses to the rad, fan, engine mount bolts, tranny mount bolts, driveshaft, powersteering pump, wire harness? Im not too sure where else is it connected to the engine. Im looking to pull out the whole motor with the tranny.

Thanks in advance.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Make sure the gas lines, all the wires are unhooked, take off shifter, the theirs a few sensors on the tranny that also need to be disconnected, vaccum hoses and hoses going into the firewall. other than that i think u pretty much have everything.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Apparation;1431535 said:
Hrmm I hope so lol I don't know where that stuff goes.. Pulling the 7M was alot simplier.

Dont sweat it, just make sure you pay attention when your pulling everything apart.

If your worried about wiring, just make a map for yourself. All I used was 5 coloured zip-ties, and 3 coloured rolls of electrical tape. Marked everything I took off and wrote it down as I took it off. I didnt miss anything, and it fired up first crank.

Apparation

Oct 14, 2009
Edmonton
Im not too worried about wiring.. my friend works with electrical all the time and I can use his car as a platform. I don't know Im just stressing lol. I need to get the motor/tranny out before it snows again. Damn canada!

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
i'll try to help, from under the car here is the following, Driveshaft, rear lights wire, speedo cable, tranny mount, engine mount bolts.

from inside the car, disconnect and take off shifter, remove wiring harness and feed it through the hole.

engine bay, disconnect the EA2 connector, disconnect everything from the battery and pull battery, discconect the feed & return line (fuel), discnnect intercooler piping, remove lines for the hydro (res) & p/s pump to res or disconnect the entire pump if you like, remove upper and lower coolant hose from rad, take the rad out, i took off the front bumper to have more room for the hoist and not damage the bumer/rad support, disconnect any vaccum lines to the engine (brake booster), boost gauage, remove MAP sensor and put it on the dash so its safe :), other then that that should be everything unless i missed something.

I got mine out pretty quickly took a few hours if that with breaks and lunch. I'm in the reverse. I need to get this 1.5jz swap complete before it starts snowing so it can go back to its shelter for the winter lol

Apparation

Oct 14, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah its already snowed once. But we are having decent weather for the time being. Bought the soarer for parts like 3 days ago and I started removing parts. Taking a long time since I don't exactly know what Im doing lol. Seems so different for some reason haha.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
im in the same boat except the only thing i am worred about is the wires it looks like u have to pull all th wires from under the dash and the fenders nd everything how im gonna wire all ths back in with ou destroying my dash like i did on my swap car holy crap

SuperNova

May 29, 2008
Grand Prairie, Texas
Save yourself the frustration and get some masking tape and a sharpie and label all the connectors and hoses/vacuum lines. It's easier than trying to remember where it all went once it's all disconnected, if your unsure to begin with. That's what I do, LOL.

Apparation

Oct 14, 2009
Edmonton
I got most of the stuff out.. Only thing left to do is disconnect the tranny mount, but im waiting for my friend to come over with the hoist before I put pressure on the tranny bolts

armyboot

Nov 16, 2008
canada
I'll see if i can come by oct 22 to see how far you gotton. keep vacume lines together the best you can. just incase we try to start it with the factory ecu+map sensor

Apparation

Oct 14, 2009
Edmonton
Alright sounds good man. Could you bring my stands and your jack so we can get the back up? I forgot to get them yesterday hah. Oh and you can come by an pick up the wheels to see if they fit on the genesis.