Removed abs, and now my car wont start?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
So after tracing some wires, and doing some tests, im pretty sure since i removed the abs control box (in the engine). I dont have spark at all, not any, but i have fuel, and i have no codes from the ecu.

Any advice? or how can i fool my car into thinking i have the abs module in, but not?

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
ABS is great when you need it the most. I can feel mine kick in when I get on sand or stopping on a bumpy road but I know what it is and work with it. My DD doesn't have antilock and it's when I need it and front wheels lock and I have to back off...then clean my underwear later on that I appreciate the Anti lock so much.

Once was in a pickup catching a light and the light changed fast, roads were wet, tires crappy and I applied the brakes at the same time planning on taking it into the grassy area but the Antilock saved my ass completely. Didn't know the pickup had them either until I needed them.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i have the little "igniter mod" where you bolt in a seperate ground....

the thing that is bothering me is that i pulled the engine two weeks ago... redo the valve stem seals, slap on a new MHG... and put it all back in, and then my igniter is bad? wtf? it ran "fine" before... aside from the oil burning, but i just dont comprehend how an electronic device can just all of a sudden go bad from nothing.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i also did that a few times... buttt my cps ohm ok, so i dont really have a reason to suspect that yet. My igniter on the other hand, was only able to test one of the leads correctly, but i didnt get what i was suppose to.... which was the momentary contact/voltage... we'll see what happens when i get a new one later on today.